HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Cinema Camera Check

Author Topic: Cinema Camera Check
The Evil Sam Graham

- posted February 22, 2004 08:32 PM      Profile for The Evil Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email The Evil Sam Graham         Edit/Delete Post 
We've had a local news story on Carmike, in conjunction with Sony, checking people as they enter auditoriums for cameras and cell phones, which they've banned from the building in fear of piracy. I heard about similar things happening in Utah as well. It seems to be the direction the industry is headed.

I guess I don't mind seeing such electronics banned from auditoriums not only due to piracy, but the new color phones REALLY light up brightly and are almost as annoying as when they ring during a show.

Of course, that makes doing "unauthorized" photo sessions to submit here a bit harder than it used to be.

So are you hearing such stories in your area? And will such stories affect your picture-taking?

|  IP: Logged

Roger Katz

- posted February 23, 2004 03:23 AM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't heard of anything similar here. I have heard, however, that National Amusements will not permit any photography on its property. It will not even allow local news channels to do reports on, say, the new LOTR movie from outside its cinemas. So, I have to be very secretive when photographing those.

Tom Mundell

- posted February 23, 2004 12:09 PM      Profile for Tom Mundell   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Mundell         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't heard of this here either. Loews has the same policy as National Amusements; They'd be less than impressed if I so much as brought a sketch book and made a drawing of one of their buildings I think. I don't know the policy of other large chains, but I imagine it would be similar.

But banning cell phones and cameras for fear of piracy? Anyone think that's a bit crazy?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.