CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Updates? Anybody seen any recently?

Author Topic: Updates? Anybody seen any recently?
Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted September 25, 2003 04:00 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
So... um... I know you have a life and everything. And that this here website is totally assembled in your spare time... but come on... even at Film-Tech there's a new and exciting update on a DAILY basis.

Perhaps you should just upload a new tour every day so I can at least see something new.

[Uh-oh]

Look at me being booted from the forums for suggesting such an idea.

Of course would these photos be new at all since I was there when you took the photo to begin with??? [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 25, 2003 05:24 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
This coming from the person who backed out of his offer to help build tours after watching me do it for a hour.

And *no* I won't just cut and paste it all and make it look like a six-year-old made the site.

Daily updates are a bad bad evil idea and will not happen anytime soon. No negotiation unless there's cash involved. [Wink]

[ September 26, 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Mike Law

- posted September 25, 2003 09:58 PM      Profile for Mike Law   Email Mike Law         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, you're doing fine... We can't be all things to all people. You're a great cheerleader to "the vast majority " of us. Keep up the good work! Give me a call sometime and we'll have a beer while we look at pictures of the California Theatre of Sacramento on 35th Avenue as well as the Fox and Del Paso.

Brad Miller

- posted September 26, 2003 02:58 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Daily updates are a bad bad evil idea
AMEN! What was I thinking when I started that? The only reason it is still happening is because I am at a point where I wonder if there is any way I can make it one full year.

Besides, Adam is too busy helping ME keep the daily update thing going over on FT to possibly deal with daily updates here. [Big Grin]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted September 26, 2003 08:04 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'm doing my part in updating the access lists every night.

Maybe you guys should have automated your part of the deal too. [Razz]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 26, 2003 01:00 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I updated 26 states, two Canadian provinces, and six countries today. Most even have new photos.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted September 27, 2003 01:48 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam knows I'm just kidding. I'm very grateful for all the hard work and time spent on this website.

I never said I wouldn't build tours, I just said that I wouldn't because I'd end up doing them wrong or something and Adam would get frustrated because I wasn't doing them to his exacting specifications.

I'm gonna go look at tours now.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted September 28, 2003 02:10 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, there'd be more pictures for Ontario theatres if somebody would take my email address off their blacklist -- yeah, that's got to be the reason they haven't been added. [Smile]

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted November 11, 2003 11:02 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent update on the main page tours. I saw some of those over at Film-Tech but I'm glad that you're adding the more detailed photos that Brad and Joe hate.

I'll explore the rest of the site later... I've actually got some work to do today.

All times are Central  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.