CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Photos of EVERY open Connecticut cinema

Author Topic: Photos of EVERY open Connecticut cinema
Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 10, 2003 09:39 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
With this coming weekend's update, we will have reached a special milestone. Every cinema currently open for business in the state of Connecticut will feature a photo on the main listings page!

A very special thanks to Roger Katz for his continued dedication to the mission of Cinematour! [thumbs up]

|  IP: Logged

Roger Katz

- posted September 11, 2003 03:57 AM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
I've also got photos of nearly every closed one that stilll exists in CT as well. I'm juat missing the ones that were part of shopping centers and have now been converted to retail because I can never figure out where in the shopping center they were. Also, there is 1 live theatre left that was formerly a cinema that I still need to photograph. I've got one trip left to Western Mass. to photograph a few closed cinemas including the interior of one before it is converted into a nightclub, but then Western Mass. is done too. I guess now, though, I'm going to have to start to take more trips into New York state. I definitely want to get Albany, Yonkers, NYC, and more.

Brad Miller

- posted September 11, 2003 12:03 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, great work Roger! That must've taken a lot of your personal time. [thumbs up]

Roger Katz

- posted September 11, 2003 12:43 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but it's fun, it's my hobby. Connecticut isn't a big state like Texas or California. If you drive 5 hours in those states you are only halfway across them. Drive 5 hours from Connecticut and you've crossed 4 states. New York and Massachusetts are both less than an hour away and Rhode Island and New Jersey (and Pennsylvania if I drive fast) are under 2 hours away, so I still have lots more photos to take. [Smile]

[ September 11, 2003, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Roger Katz ]

Phil Hill

- posted September 12, 2003 04:47 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Come on Roger! In 5 hours you can easily drive from LA to Vegas...That's ALL the way across California. (Just teasing ya!) [Big Grin]

Also, this Great state of California is much better than that lousy state Brad lives in! Dallas? Rockwall? WTF is that? Sounds like some old TV show!

Great work Roger! Looking forward to seeing the pics.

>>> Phil

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted September 15, 2003 08:57 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
We'll have all of California done someday. Someday!

Jeff Arellano

- posted September 15, 2003 11:23 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
There is still a lot of California to do.....and a lot of older theatres currently being renovated or demolished...

Roger Katz

- posted September 15, 2003 05:27 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam wrote:
quote:
With this coming weekend's update
So when is this weekend's (which has just passed) update coming? I've got people wanting to know when the photos I took of their cinemas will be up! Take some more time off work, Adam, and deal with those 500 emails in your inbox! [Smile]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 15, 2003 10:28 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Last weekend's update was delayed by stupidity at the theater. Tomorrow is laundry day at home, so I should be able to get some more stuff put in the database and will probably just wait until this weekend to do an update.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted September 15, 2003 10:32 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Then take some more time off work and deal with the 500 emails in my inbox!

Daniel Fuentz

- posted September 16, 2003 03:14 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go! Now you'll have to move to another state since your mission in CT is accomplished. [Big Grin]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.