CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Research and photo trip: Omaha ... or is it Minneapolis?

Author Topic: Research and photo trip: Omaha ... or is it Minneapolis?
Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted August 07, 2003 04:25 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Flying into Omaha on August 28 and likely making a loop through the Twin Cities for the weekend before flying out of Omaha on the 31st.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Spaeth

- posted August 08, 2003 11:40 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Email Mike Spaeth         Edit/Delete Post 
If you get a chance, try and swing through Mankato, MN on your way to the Twin Cities.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted August 09, 2003 12:03 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Mankato is definitely on the list if I head toward MSP. I am bringing maps for most of southern Minnesota. I think I have 95 pages of maps for that part of the trip. [Eek!]

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted August 09, 2003 01:29 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh this is going to be fun. FUN FUN FUN.

You get to drive in Texas... I'll drive in Minnesota.

Phil Hill

- posted August 12, 2003 04:50 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
If you get to the Twin Cities, take another 3-hour (one way) hike up to Fargo ND and get more pics of the Fargo Theatre ...like the tech stuff of the booth & guts of that great organ!

I was there in 1999, just after they completely remodeled it, and it sure is impressive!

>>> Phil

Phil Hill

- posted August 13, 2003 08:48 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
So Mr. Moderator Adam, why does Scott's many pics rotate and mine DON'T? You think I took the time to send you all my pics was just for my health? JEEZE... This whole thing smacks of something that Brad would do!

Ummm...have a nice day...

BTW: You didn't answer my above suggestion/question...

>>> Phil

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted August 14, 2003 12:56 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Scott's photo is back to normal ... I was beta testing a script for the Film-Tech forums. [Cool]

You asked a question? [Razz] I don't think we'll have time to make it to Fargo, but you never know. I understand Josh is sending in photos of the theater anyway.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted August 16, 2003 11:24 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't we go visit Josh?

Bob Maar

- posted August 26, 2003 09:49 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Email Bob Maar         Edit/Delete Post 
If you come to New York you can catch both Bill Gabel drinking beer and I will follow up with my Martini and if were real lucky Gerard Cohen will pick up the tab. [Rolling on Floor Laughing]

They are getting ready to tear down the old Murray Hill Theatre and that is the site where Abe Lincoln went to see the Swedish Nightengale Jenny Lind. [Wink]

Ken Roe

- posted August 26, 2003 01:37 PM      Profile for Ken Roe   Author's Homepage   Email Ken Roe         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bob, where exactly is the Murray Hill Theatre located?

Bill Gabel

- posted August 26, 2003 03:30 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
Ken

It was located at 160 E. 34th. Street.

Ken Roe

- posted August 27, 2003 05:32 AM      Profile for Ken Roe   Author's Homepage   Email Ken Roe         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bill, you say 'WAS located' has it gone already? as Bob posts it is 'ABOUT to be torn down'

Bill Gabel

- posted August 27, 2003 09:57 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
It was still there about a month ago, but work may ahve started. I have to go over that way in a few days. I will take a look to see what happening with the site. I live in the city over in the Times Square/Theatre District area.

Bob Maar

- posted August 27, 2003 01:16 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Email Bob Maar         Edit/Delete Post 
Ken and Bill,

It was still there two weeks ago. I do believe that construction will be starting in September.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 14, 2005 06:09 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
105 photos from recent trips through Minnesota are now online.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.