Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Contacting Theatre Chains

Author Topic: Contacting Theatre Chains
Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 23, 2003 11:01 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
With the success I had with contacting Laemmle Theatres last month (coupled with having absolutely nothing to do at work today) I sent out some e-mails to some of the smaller more historical theatre chains in California. Today I sent out to Metropolitan Theatres, Movie Experience (aka SoCal Cinemas), Tegtmeier Associates Inc. I'm really hoping they can help us get images and info for some of their closed or demolished locations.

My letters have been getting pretty uniform, and I hope they don't come off as insincere. I should try sending to Mann again, see if somebody there will finally respond.

Just a heads up of what I'm doing lately. I think it might be a good idea to contact other smaller chains, see if they're interested in being a part of CinemaTour. Any suggestions for people local to you that I could contact on behalf of CinemaTour?

And remember everybody, I cleared doing this through Adam before using the CinemaTour name in my e-mails. It is HIS website afterall... even though California is all MINE MINE MINE... and Bob Meza's too I guess. [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel

- posted May 23, 2003 12:44 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
The only interesting houses that Metropolitan Theatres has are the Arlington and Granada Theatres in Santa Barbara. The best ones are all owned by other people now.

LOS ANGELES:
  • Orpheum
    State
    Warrens
    Los Angeles
    United Artists
    Rialto
    Globe
    Palace
    Broadway
    Olympic
    California
    Campus
    Estudio 2
    SANTA BARBARA:
    Granada
    Arlington
    State
    Riviera
    Fairview
    Cinema
    Airport Drive-In
    LOMPOC:
    Valley Drive-In
    Lompoc

SAN FRANCISCCO:
    United Artists
    Esquire
    Spruce Drive-In
    Orpheum (Cinerama) in the early 60's

SIMI VALLEY:
    Simi Drive-In
    Larwin

OXNARD:
    Vogue
    Oxnard
    Boulevard

Daniel Fuentz

- posted May 23, 2003 05:02 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the Granada and Arlington would definately be worth a look. When I was in Santa Barbara last year, the Granada was closed and had a For Sale or For Lease sign on it. I took some pictures of it, but they are crummy and not worth sending in. [Smile]

Paul Linfesty

- posted May 23, 2003 09:46 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
even though California is all MINE MINE MINE... and Bob Meza's too I guess
So I guess my contributions aren't welcome anymore. [Confused]

Well, don't worry. I will stop being a contributor to this site immediately.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted May 23, 2003 11:47 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
anymore?

When were they ever? [Razz]

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 24, 2003 02:15 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, I guess you can have some of California back. [Razz] I always forget about Bakersfield... and Fresno... nobody goes to Fresno anymore.

I'm so protective of California... I remember when it was mostly all my pictures... and then that Bob Meza came along... bringin' the rest of you rap-scallions with him... grrr!!! [Razz]

ELLIPSES ARE FUN! [Rolling on Floor Laughing] Sleeping is even funner!

Daniel Fuentz

- posted May 24, 2003 03:57 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, don't pay Scott any mind. When he came to Fresno, he couldn't even find the 2 screen, 1600 car Sunnyside Drive-In. Yes, he couldn't find a DRIVE-IN!! [Rolling on Floor Laughing] And Scott, for all these bad things you keep saying about exciting, fantastic, cosmopolitan Fresno, (and for never checking your email) I'll have to find some way of posting a sound file of the old Channel 30 jingle. In the meantime, you can read some of the words:

"You've got that spirit, Tell 'Em Fresno's Great!
Come on, Let's Hear it, Tell 'Em Fresno's Great!
Stand up and show it, Let the world know it.
You're at the heart of it, 30's a part of it, Stand up and tell 'em Fresno's great!!!"

Hm. Maybe I can bribe Adam into making that the start-up sound on your computer... [Razz]

Ken Roe

- posted May 24, 2003 08:31 AM      Profile for Ken Roe   Author's Homepage   Email Ken Roe         Edit/Delete Post 
[Uh-oh] Can I put a claim in for a bit of California please? Even though I live here in the UK, I do know the theatres of LA pretty well, as I brought 54 members of the Cinema Theatre Association (UK) on a 10 days theatre tour last November and I wrote a 160 page visits guide for our group, detailing the histories of the 80+ theatres we visited in the city.

I'm back in LA again from 17th June for a couple of weeks, searching out more historic theatres. Then off to Chicago (THS Conclave), then onto NYC. (not enough time on this visit [Frown] to seek out more in the San Francisco Bay Area where I love visiting [Wink] ) I love exploring cities to seek out theatres. Hope I can meet up with some of you guys one day and share some experiences.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 24, 2003 11:01 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay okay... I'll release my claim on California... but NEBRASKA is mine and there's nothing you can do to have it! [Big Grin]

Daniel -- I do check my e-mail -- I've just been turning over in my head what I could trade to you for a Festival trailer... I think I need to watch all my trailers and get back to you.

Hmmm... trailer watching sounds fun. I think that might happen tonight... must call some of my theatre manager friends.

Daniel Fuentz

- posted May 24, 2003 03:03 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I have no plans to ever visit Nebraska, so you may have it as far as I'm concerned. [Big Grin] (Really, no one person can photograph ALL the theatres in a state. You'll have to let someone share with you so they can find the drive-ins. [Big Grin] )

That's OK, I was just wondering if my e-mail was wandering around lost in cyberspace. [Smile] (I don't always get them back if they don't go through)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.