CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Research & Photo Trip to Denver

Author Topic: Research & Photo Trip to Denver
Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 05, 2003 06:12 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I do believe that I will be in the Denver area from June 12-15. Details forthcoming.

|  IP: Logged

Dan Wright

- posted May 05, 2003 07:47 PM      Profile for Dan Wright   Email Dan Wright         Edit/Delete Post 
Get pictures of the Continental 6. It was a cinerama theatre It has a 30 by 100 deep curved screen. UA theatres saved it and added 6 more screens years ago. I sent pictures of it's sister theatre in Oklahoma City or whats left of it. But they are still somewhere in your in box.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted May 06, 2003 08:21 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you looking for things to do in Denver when you're dead?

Paul Linfesty

- posted May 10, 2003 07:24 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It was a cinerama theatre
Not to get nitpicky here, but while the Continental in Oklahoma City was a licensed 70mm Cinerama strip-screen theatre, it's copy in Denver was an official Dimension 150 lenticular (or rubberized) screen theatre.

Joe Redifer

- posted May 30, 2003 06:46 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer         Edit/Delete Post 
The Continental added 5 more screens, not 6. There are already pics of the theater on Film-Tech if you want to see it. I definitely was a D150 auditorium... the D150 rectangular lens is definitely odd. This theater also had CDS digital sound back in the day. This is the only theater in Colorado that has played films in analog (optical and mag), CDS, DTS, Dolby Digital, and SDDS-8 all in the same auditorium. The screen is about 3 1/2 stories tall.

Paul Linfesty

- posted May 31, 2003 09:55 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty         Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure you get some pictyures of theatres while you are in Denver, Adam. From what I understand, Denver has lots of theatres.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted June 10, 2003 10:21 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm leaving town tomorrow ... I suppose I should stop working on this site update and print out some maps. And maybe booking a hotel and car would be a nice touch. [Uh-oh]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted June 11, 2003 09:38 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam working, right. [Roll Eyes]

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted June 18, 2003 10:17 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Well fun was had on the trip to Denver. Until we decided "Hey... we should go to Wyoming." At which point the rapid change in altitude sent me into dry-heaves and pretty much left me hugging the toilet, the side of I-80, the gutter in front of the Cheyenne library... where else? Adam was kind enough to not take pictures of my violent vomit spells, but I suggested that next time he should, it would be funnier.

I'm actually feeling better now. My sore throat I thought was just left over from the puking turned out to be strep throat... so thank you Penicylin!

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted June 18, 2003 10:14 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I did take one photo ... you leaning against the car the next day in Parker, wishing the Parker Cinema 4 would stop spinning so fast.

-

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted June 19, 2003 08:43 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn do I really look that awful? Somebody... get me a haircut.

Brad Miller

- posted June 20, 2003 02:05 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't stop by and see Joe Redifer while you were in Denver??? Oh the shame.

Joe Redifer

- posted June 20, 2003 04:54 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer         Edit/Delete Post 
Well he tried, but since Brad Miller and I are the same person, we can't be in two places at once. [Razz] Plus, he was in Wyoming the entire time I wasn't busy. And when I was busy he came back to Denver. That was pretty awesome. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.