CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Life on the road with Cinematour: What does it feel/look like? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Life on the road with Cinematour: What does it feel/look like?
Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 20, 2003 10:48 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for a road trip with Bob and Phil. [Eek!] Who else is in?

|  IP: Logged

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted September 21, 2003 09:52 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
You know I'm game.

Phil Hill

- posted September 21, 2003 06:23 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll go with Scott, but not you Adam & Bob... yous both are pussies cuz ya don't have any good taste in good food like sushi and oysters on the half-shell! I would be bored!

I need to travel with MEN!

>>> Phil

Bob Maar

- posted September 23, 2003 07:24 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Email Bob Maar         Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, Shame on you, that was disgusting. Excuse me now......... I am going to have a drink. [LOL]

Phil Hill

- posted September 24, 2003 08:18 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Bob, after all this time you know me by now.... I tell it like it is! [moon]

>>> Phil

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 30, 2003 04:34 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
September 4, 2003. 9:00 PM. Alice, Texas:

"Ya don't need no more bacon, ya don't need no more cheese."

I'll let Scott explain this one. [Big Grin]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted December 16, 2003 07:01 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm ... Scott still hasn't explained that quote.

Sometimes you have to get down and dirty to get photos of a cinema. Here's Scott kissing ass trying to get projection booth photos by helping assemble a standee. [Big Grin]

-

Rachel Gilardi

- posted December 17, 2003 01:17 PM      Profile for Rachel Gilardi   Email Rachel Gilardi         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you're doing the road trip, come back to Wisconsin!!!!

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted December 17, 2003 02:59 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be in Chicago this coming spring... I'm sure I'll horn swaggle Adam into a Wisconsin trip.

As for the quote above... we were in some crazy part of Texas near Corpus Christi and I bought some TGI Friday's Cheddar-Bacon Potato Skins and this crazy Jamaican clerk-woman at a gas station looked at them cause the outside of the package shows baked potatoes... and she said "Balaskjlsdgskljgksjfg" and I didn't understand. So figuring she was commenting on the chips I said "I think it's just a fancy potato chip... nothin' special." and she proceeded to say "blakehgedgjhewgkjhdhg." and I smiled and handed her money to which she said "sakghgjlkhewrgkjlrweghergkjerhg and ya don't need no more bacon, and ya don't need no more cheese!" to which I collected my change and made my way out of there before the Jamaican mob came after me. Certainly it was some code she was speaking in.

As for the standee puttin together... the damned girl kept saying she'd take us to the booth or at least take the camera up and take pics for us and so when all the movies got out I figured she'd take us up there. But she was one of those assistants that liked going to the booth 1 minute after showtime to quickly thread and start the projector. It was like marathon threading. So thinking "Any minute now she'll take us to the booth..." I kept helping build that standee cause they had NO clue how to do it. I hate to admit it, it was fun though.

And damn I'm gettin old... my non-ass is hangin out of my pants. I'm such a bad plumber.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted January 24, 2004 10:15 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
ARRESTED! [oogle]

Well, nearly. On our way back from the Paramount in Abilene, Texas, last night, Brad and I pulled into Ranger to look for a theater that I labeled "Home of Paramount Pictures" on the map after visiting with the manager at the Majestic in Eastland last year. After some driving around downtown at midnight, Brad saw the THEATRE sign painted on the side of a building.

We stopped to photograph the theater using long exposures and the headlights from the car. A few cars drove by as we were doing this. One in particular was driving extremely slow, but kept going.

After we finished, we headed back out toward the freeway. We quickly caught up with the truck that was driving slow. It was still driving slow ... 30 in a 55. Brad decided that he would freak the guy out and not pass him until we got to the freeway.

A few minutes later, after the guy still wouldn't drive the speed limit, a local cop pulls in behind us and turns on her beacon lights. We pull over. The slow-driving truck turns around and heads back toward town and we both realize that the jerk called the cops on us!

The cop walks up to the car and looks in the back seat where all of the camera and video equipment is and tells us that we were suspicious characters and asks where we're headed. We explain that we were on our way home from Abilene and that we were just photographing the old theater downtown. She laughs and says that everything makes sense now and to have a safe trip home.

As we pulled away laughing our asses off, I thought to stop and ask her to take a photo with us as a joke for the site, but we decide not to push our luck and drove back to the freeway.

[Big Grin]

Brad Miller

- posted January 24, 2004 11:07 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
The truck was doing 40 in a 50, then once we got up behind it, the truck slowed down to 35. Since Adam kept navigating like "very close" and "real soon" and "a bit longer" rather than giving some sort of usable mileage, I just stayed in the right lane so we could make the quick entrance onto the freeway. Freaking the truck driver out was just a bonus. [evil devil]

Scott, can you give me a translation breakdown in mileage for Adam's distance estimations?

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted January 28, 2004 11:53 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh God I wish I could.

I have freaked out on him sooo many times for being vague with directions.

ADAM: So turn right out of the parking lot and drive for a ways.
SCOTT: Where are we going?
A: Turn right out of the parking lot and the next theatre will be a ways up the road.
S: I understand but what am I looking for?
A: A theatre!
S: What kind?!!?
A: A closed one.
S: WHICH CLOSED ONE?!!?!?
A: insert name of theatre here
S: So how far is it?
A: I don't know... awhile?
S: Just take a guess...
A: I don't know... like a long while?
S: Well how long is that?!?!?
A: Whatever.
S: Is it on the left or the right?

It's a fun trip. Now whenever he tells me "It's a way" or "a bit" up the road... I start up with the "Go a long way... but not a real long way, and then turn at Jed's farm, you know, the one with the Camaro on the blocks? Well turn there... and follow it until you hit the DQ... not the nice DQ, but the BAD DQ... and when you see the ducks crossing the road... you're there."

Oooh I wanna go on another trip soon... I miss the antics.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted January 28, 2004 06:02 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't win. If I say "three miles" and it's four, I'll never hear the end of it. "Jeez, this is the longest three miles I've ever gone!" It's like I need to travel places ahead of time to measure out the distance between the places we're going. I might as well do it all on my own, but then I'd never get to see Scott's eyes light up when we pull into the parking lot and sees the big "CINEMA I-II-III-IV-V-VI-VII" sign.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted January 29, 2004 09:57 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not that we want exact measurements. We just want educated guesses. You turn all Spock on me when it comes to that.

And as IF we'd ever find somebody so extravagant to have put a Cinema I-II-III-IV-V-VI-VII sign up.

Brad Miller

- posted February 04, 2004 12:45 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
So Adam, did you get a picture to post of yourself at the airport looking at the departure flights with a big confused look on your face yesterday?

All times are Central
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.