CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Life on the road with Cinematour: What does it feel/look like? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Life on the road with Cinematour: What does it feel/look like?
Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted April 29, 2003 07:44 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
I see, you meant Quebec, not Canada. KFC does put PFK for Poulet Frit Par Kentucky on their stores in Quebec and some parts of Ottawa/Hull.

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted April 29, 2003 10:07 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I like driving in Canada. The signs tell you exactly how many "demerits" you will receive for speeding, based on how far over the speed limit you are driving. I always wonder what would happen if I got pulled over and sent to the principal's office. [Smile]

Chuck Cook

- posted April 30, 2003 10:57 PM      Profile for Chuck Cook   Email Chuck Cook         Edit/Delete Post 
Fried Chicken from Kentucky...

Someone who had been watching CBC during the Stanley Cup Championships told me this.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted May 01, 2003 07:26 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh? Fried Chicken from Kentucky?

BTW, there ain't no championships in hockey. [Big Grin]

Adam, the signs are so you know how fast you can go without losing your license and whether or not you'll need an additional job to pay the fine if you get caught. They'e quite handy. [Smile]

Then again, I'm not really sure if speeding tickets are actually issued up here or not... you woulda thunk you'd get one for doing 100+ over the limit down to Toronto and back when you find out at 4:00pm that you don't have your film yet for the 6pm show.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 01, 2003 07:16 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Weird stuff from the road ...

Once while driving through the back-end of Texas, I got a stupid answer to what I now realize was an EXTREMELY stupid question.

While driving through the only street in "Downtown" Roby, TX I noticed a the remnants of an old theatre that was obviously a sign of the once proud and prosperous times in this small, small town. And curious as to what the ?12? people of Roby, might've called this theatre, I asked the old-timer standing outside in his Stetson, "Do you know what the name of the theatre was?"

And he looked at the skinny dork sitting in his rented Cavalier and said "Why I reckon it was the Roby Theatre."

As if the tiniest town on Earth was thinking in such grandiose terms as "The Paramount" or "Grand" or even the "Rialto." Stupid city slicker...

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 01, 2003 09:10 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Texas ...

I noticed this after we photographed the GCC Park Central in Bedford. Why I didn't notice it when we pulled up is beyond me.

-

Notice the dog's outline next to the guy's head. [Big Grin]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted June 09, 2003 11:28 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
A month before Texas was Illinois. It was February. It was snowing. Now that summer has hit California's Central Valley, I got a kick out of this photo when I realized what the kid on the right was doing. [Razz] I never even noticed him catching snowflakes when I took the photo.

-

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 10, 2003 04:47 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Photos from the Omaha/Fargo/Pierre trip!

Daewoo Nubira (or something like that). The worst rental car Scott or I have ever driven. Highly inaccurate speedometer (marked only in tens with nothing in between), resulting in one speeding ticket.

-

We enjoyed the car so much, we decided that we would not throw away a single piece of rubbish.

-

Along the way, we stopped at the Fargo Theatre and visited with Film-Tech member Josh Jones. Here's Scott and Josh admiring the view of downtown Fargo from the roof of the theater.

-

And after lunch at Space Aliens ...

-

... we returned to the theater and discussed cinemas across the Dakotas and Minnesota.

-

We then headed west to Bismarck and south to Pierre, where we spent the night after admiring the Capitol.

-

No, you can't get there from here. No, really.

-

Apparently, Scott thinks small-town theaters with Peerless Magnarcs in the front window are swell.

-

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 10, 2003 05:19 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Texas is all about the Chick-fil-A. Or so I'm told. At least I got a Chrysler Sebring at Dollar instead of some Korean piece of crap.

-

And the Chick-fil-A car.

-

And Brad trying to avoid the camera.

-

I eventually outwitted him.

-

Twice. [Razz]

-

I put an "iffy" CF card in Scott's camera and it eventually crapped out, so we may or may not retrieve more fun road-trip photos soon.

Roger Katz

- posted September 10, 2003 07:10 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
"EAT MOR CHIKIN". Illiterate Southern hicks! I suppose that the bad spelling on that car is meant to be some kind of joke, but I don't get it.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 10, 2003 08:09 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Their current ad campaigns feature cows picketing for humans to eat less beef and more chicken. Apparently, cows can stand upright, but can't spell.

Phil Hill

- posted September 12, 2003 04:59 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
That is udder-ly ridiculous!

Also Adam, you just don't get it. That kid wasn't catching snow-flakes. He was sticking his tongue out at you cuz your fly was open! Jeeze!

>>> Phil

Brad Miller

- posted September 12, 2003 06:40 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, do you know what I have in my hand? Yes that's right, I hold the power cord for this server. How ashamed would that be if something happened to it?

Note to self, never go on a Cinematour road trip again. Adam is pure evil straight from the bowels of hell.

(I shall be posting the pictures from the IR video camera where Adam and Scott slept in a day or two, once I pick out the best frame grabs.)

Bob Maar

- posted September 12, 2003 08:46 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Email Bob Maar         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam : Thanks for letting me know exactly what Brad had in his hand. I promise I won't tell him you told me. [Eek!]

and you mean to say the Phil really said that? Wow. [Rolling on Floor Laughing]

Phil Hill

- posted September 20, 2003 02:04 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
What RU saying Bob? Don't beat around the bush and make grazing, cow-ardly statements. That's a bunch of bull. You seem to want to milk this thread until Adam would be mooved to close it down.

I don't toot anyone's horns , but you sure have a nack to bring the cream to the top no matter whether they have a beef or not about something.

>>> Phil

All times are Central
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.