CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » What the heck is going on with the website? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What the heck is going on with the website?
Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted April 17, 2003 10:51 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Well if Adam would get unparanoid and let some of us local dorks HELP with the e-mail sifting... then we'd be cooking with gas.

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 11, 2003 11:10 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
In the past two weeks, I've managed to put together well over 200 tours (mostly for California) and go through about 100 emails. Yay! Only 450 emails to go! [Smile]

Daniel Fuentz

- posted May 12, 2003 01:46 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, now, does that total include spams?? [Big Grin]

Seriously, you've done a great job with the updates!! There's now a tour for virtually every theater in Fresno. [Big Grin]

If only I could find some pics of the Festival 6!! The radio station I worked at had at least 50 pictures of there from when we did movie premieres, and they also had pictures of the Clovis Regency 6 (You can't really tell from the pictures posted, but the Regency was actually a nice theater when it was open.) but sadly all that stuff got thrown out before I had a chance to rescue any of it. [Mad] The station was sold and moved into another facility, and management went through and junked everything that was in the old building. I did find and save some old jingle packages and stuff like that, but I wasn't able to save anything that would be of interest here. [Frown]

Eric Hooper

- posted May 12, 2003 09:15 AM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Adam, thanks for all of your hard work and getting the pictures I've sent in posted. They look great. Just back from a weekend in Monterey, so expect a few pictures from those theatres coming soon. The UA State theatre was AWESOME. We got some great pics of the outside of the theatre, and what we could photograph from the front door of the lobby. Some gentlemen were there who were big fans of the theatre, and have been volunteering their time to restore it. They gave us the grand tour!!! The place is AMAZING. They've purchased and installed a fully working pipe organ, and even played a tune for us. They didn't let us take any pictures of the inside of the theatre though. [Frown] I really don't understand what the big deal is behind that. It's also too bad that all of the great things they're doing for the place aren't in use much. (i.e. they can't light the screen lights, because Regal has to show their commercial slide shows, and the organ rarely gets played for movie audiences.) Really too bad. They said they are trying to buy the property from UA/Regal, and hopefully things will be different then. Unfortunately Century Theatres is building a Megaplex up the street, so the theatre's future use might be restricted to live performance or City meetings. Anything to save this grand palace though... If you get to Monterey, it's well worth a visit to. They've done an incredible job restoring the place. Thanks for the tour guys and keep up the hard work...

Roger Katz

- posted May 12, 2003 01:10 PM      Profile for Roger Katz   Email Roger Katz         Edit/Delete Post 
My photos of eight cinemas in the New York towns of Newburgh and Poughkeepsie have finally been posted. However, some other Ny information and my CT photos from over a month ago (nearly 2 months) is still nowhere to be found, what gives? [Confused]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 12, 2003 02:44 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to stop in the middle of your stuff to rebuild my research pages on another computer so that I didn't start duplicating entries. It just happened to be at the end of the day.

Or maybe I'm just waiting for you to send in a member photo. [Razz]

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 13, 2003 09:48 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I took some really crappy pictures while I was in Tucson. But I did get some good pictures of an old Cineplex Odeon. And many many blurry shots.

I have to say -- theatre dorking by yourself isn't so much fun as it used to be.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 13, 2003 11:59 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
theatre dorking by yourself isn't so much fun as it used to be
SEE?! (A few weeks ago, I went to San Jose alone and ended up boring myself to death about an hour into the trip and bailed out. [Frown] But I did get to drive around the entire Bay without paying a single toll!)

Daniel Fuentz

- posted May 14, 2003 03:59 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been there before, Scott! Nothing beats the frustration of sneaking around various theaters, taking tons of what you think are great pics, only to find out they all turned out like garbage! Well, I know mine bad are becuase I can't afford a good camera, but I was still annoyed when I spent a good 10 minutes dodging employees of the UA by my house, taking pictures of this and that, and all that turned out where a few snaps of the snack bar. [Frown] [Mad] I've never had the nerve to use the "bathroom" excuse -- any interior pictures I've turned in have been from theaters I have paid to see a movie at. (Except the Hanford Mall theater -- there wasn't a proper door there so my nephew and I sort of wandered in and took pictures of the lobby and wandered back out)

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted May 20, 2003 01:07 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Me:
quote:
$4.83 to go and it'll be cinemawhore.com Scott.

Now if customers only dropped change in the projection booth and not just the auditoriums this would go a lot faster.

I got bored listening to the vacuum cleaner motors whirl tonight so I went down to help clean one of the auditoriums that Matrix Reloaded is playing in (ok, somebody only scheduled one person to clean theatres and lets just say that a few hundred people sometimes make a mess). I found $2.20, so $2.63 to go and we'll be able to register cinemawhore.com!

Eric Hooper

- posted May 20, 2003 08:02 AM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper         Edit/Delete Post 
Sign me up! [Cool]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 20, 2003 09:35 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose you're gonna make me come up with some sort of content for that site, too. [Uh-oh]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted May 20, 2003 11:01 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
I was under the impression that you already had content for that site!

You know, if I'm out running shows at the drive-in often enough, I could send in pictures of cinemawhore related things I may find out in the field after the show is over.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted May 20, 2003 11:11 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't that stuff better fit in with cinemaslut.com? [Smile]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted May 20, 2003 11:39 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't find enough lost change to keep two domains registered! Heck, it's been nearly six months and I've yet to collect enough to register one.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.