CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » What the heck is going on with the website? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What the heck is going on with the website?
Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted February 05, 2003 10:31 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently moved the entire site from the Feature Price servers in Florida to the Film-Tech servers in Dallas because of the problems the site was having on Feature Price.

Everything should now be working normal, just all in different places again.

The cinematour.org domain is still in limbo, so everything that was there is now back on cinematour.com, where it was in the first place a year ago before site traffic skyrocketed.

A big huge thanks to Brad Miller at Film-Tech and Daryl C. W. O'Shea for the many sleepless nights getting the server moved and setting up the forum!

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller

- posted February 08, 2003 07:22 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't be dissin' Fisher Price webhosting. They're awesome!

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted February 08, 2003 10:40 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto. Fisher Price rocks! Their data center 'has survived a hurican without a single server problem'. Too bad their servers haven't survived their 'idiot administrators'.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted April 11, 2003 12:49 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Between the 1001 ongoing projects at the theater and the spring fever traveling, I haven't had a lot of time to work on incoming email. In fact, there are 354 emails in my Cinematour inbox right now.

Please be patient with me. [Smile]

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted April 12, 2003 12:55 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Well maybe if ya let some of us help with the updates... you'd have a little less on your plate. [Roll Eyes]

Rachel Gilardi

- posted April 12, 2003 01:47 AM      Profile for Rachel Gilardi   Email Rachel Gilardi         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, not that I can do much but if you ever need any help I'm your girl! [Big Grin]

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted April 14, 2003 06:23 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Oddly enough... after a few more operations I'll be your girl too. [Uh-oh]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted April 14, 2003 07:06 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my goodness. [Eek!]

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted April 14, 2003 07:49 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry... I thought i was posting to sexchangetour.com

Rachel Gilardi

- posted April 15, 2003 05:02 PM      Profile for Rachel Gilardi   Email Rachel Gilardi         Edit/Delete Post 
Well now Scott, is that really proper talk for a film site? Hmmmm, thinking of some of the odd and *eh hem* sexy posts on Film-Tech--maybe this is a proper topic...

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted April 16, 2003 12:50 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Proper-schmopper.

or in my favorite South Park terms...

"Whateva... whateva... I do what I want."

Daniel Fuentz

- posted April 16, 2003 05:19 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahem... Not sure how to follow an act such as this but anyway: I've been doing some research in the old City Directories at the library and I have some updates for the Fresno section of the site. (They've got them dating back to 1896, but I haven't gone back any further than 1962 becuase the older ones are on microfilm) I ahve also been driving past these addresses to see what still exists. Adam, let me know when you don't have so much on your plate and we'll talk. [Smile]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted April 16, 2003 09:49 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
$4.83 to go and it'll be cinemawhore.com Scott.

Now if customers only dropped change in the projection booth and not just the auditoriums this would go a lot faster.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted April 16, 2003 10:14 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to go post on cinemawhore-tech.com now... they're a much higher class establishment than THIS. They speak of much less offensive things over there...

I need to work. I should also start a new thread for fun comedic value.

Dan Wright

- posted April 16, 2003 04:58 PM      Profile for Dan Wright   Email Dan Wright         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps when adam gets down to 200 or so E-mails to sort through I will send the photos of theatres of Yakima Washington where I am now liveing. By the way the photos I sent of the Continental in Oklahoma City are still buried in there somewhere. Now Thats A theatre I would like to see restored. They had a 30 by 100 foot screen and at one point ended up playing the Stewardesses in 3D. 3d softcore on a cinerama screen. from what I am told it brought in a LOT of money.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.