CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinematour Discussion   » Research & Photo Trip to Dallas, Texas (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Research & Photo Trip to Dallas, Texas
Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted April 09, 2003 10:57 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy I sure would love to help get all that info posted... especially now that I'm feeling like crap and sneezing all over myself.

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted April 09, 2003 01:24 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Does the 820 include the pictures of you having sexual relations with that server?

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted April 09, 2003 02:20 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
No it doesn't. He had the camera in his pocket and I wasn't about to go searching for it while he was making the sweet love to the server.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted August 07, 2003 04:28 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Trip to Dallas, Part II

Flying into (get this!) San Antonio on September 3, maybe hitting a little bit of Houston, then the weekend in Dallas before heading back to San Antonio for a flight out on September 8.

Damn. I still have photos that need to be worked up from the last trip.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted August 09, 2003 01:30 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
We have to do the Chick-fil-A photos up right this time. And I need to confirm my travel plans -- but I will definitely be attending as well.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Administrator

- posted August 09, 2003 10:12 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea         Edit/Delete Post 
Sample Brad's BIB of Pepsi while you're there. Let me know if I have to make him get a new one. [Smile]

Mark Richey

- posted August 10, 2003 09:37 PM      Profile for Mark Richey   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Richey         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm worried that you were serious when you said in another thread that you would show up in person to get my photo... [Razz]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 03, 2003 09:13 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Day One:

Six hours of airplanes and airports.

Welcome to San Antonio, where the rain is coming down so hard the streets are flooding, much less a person being able to find a theater. Sit in the car for an hour and wait it out, staring at what turns out to be a Santikos Theatre.

245 miles, 13 towns, 24 cinemas, and 133 photos later ... welcome to Houston, where the Westchase Hilton has all but one parking lot entrance on a backwoods sidestreet blocked off for no particular reason.

I wonder where I'll find Scott tomorrow? [Shrug] I'm much more productive with a travel partner.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 04, 2003 11:20 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Day Two:

I drive from Houston to Corpus Christi, where I finally find Scott waiting for me at the airport. We check into the hotel, have Chick-fil-A, and go for a drive.

497 miles, 15 towns, 23 cinemas, 161 photos. [Smile]

[ September 09, 2003, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Brad Miller

- posted September 05, 2003 02:46 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way.

(Save yourself the embarassment and just email us a phone number we can reach you at to come get a picture.)

Daryl, what does "best if used by MAR02" mean? [Big Grin]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 05, 2003 10:40 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Day Three:

Drive all the live-long day from Corpus to Dallas. Due to time constraints and plans for later in the trip, we skip a lot of stuff along the way.

513 miles, 10 towns, 24 cinemas, 89 photos. We must be slacking off.

[ September 09, 2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted September 07, 2003 10:10 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
We set up an appointment for Adam to get freaky with the server today. We had to sign release forms and get all sorts of padding for the server so Adam doesn't damage it.

Apparently he's REALLY into that server.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted September 09, 2003 10:22 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I had more creative things to post about this trip. I think I don't want to do another back to back research and photo trip. Just too much damned driving... although I did have a fun time... especially cause I didn't have to drive much. [Cool]

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted September 09, 2003 02:19 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Days Four, Five and Six:

The last half of the trip was less productive than the first half, but we did get to take some personal time.

On day four, we drove to Austin with Brad to pick up a couple of projectors and some sound equipment. Along the way, we frustrated him with closed theaters. 520 miles, 6 towns, 15 cinemas, 124 photos.

Day five was spent in Dallas, since Scott had to fly out that evening. 14 cinemas, 54 photos.

Day six found me driving back to San Antonio to catch my flight home. Along the way, I picked up some odds-and-ends cinemas, even though I was rushing. 3 cinemas, 10 photos.

Grand totals for this trip: 2266 miles, 103 cinemas, 571 photos (plus the ones that Brad took) [Smile]

And we seem to have frightened Mark Richey into sending in a member photo! [Cool]

Brad Miller

- posted October 26, 2003 06:24 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, it's been almost 2 months. Isn't it about time for you to head back to Dallas again? I demand you book a flight and get down here pronto!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.