CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Next Movie Complex for Mall Of America (Phase2)

Author Topic: Next Movie Complex for Mall Of America (Phase2)
Scott Clayton

- posted October 10, 2012 12:54 PM      Profile for Scott Clayton           Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering since the Mall Of America is expanding to phase II they said they were going to build a new movie theatre complex either inside or outside of the mall on the next phase. Who do you think they would choose for a company? I don't think they would pick AMC since there lease expired and I'm wondering why dosen't the Mall of America have a state of the art stadium theatre with a Imax since it is the worlds larget mall but doesn't have a big movie theatre complex? I don't even go see movies at the Mall because it's not stadium seating and when they did close for a while why didn't they remodle to stadium seating? So who do you think the Mall would choose for a new company? I'd like to see something new like a Cinemark Theatre come to Minnesota or a Tinseltown USA 20 with a Imax screen.
Marus Theatres has the most theatres in Minnesota with the Ultra Sreen and second is Muller Family Theatres local with the Muller Monster Screen 80 feet wide and 35 feet tall is the largest screens in Minnesota.

(1) Cinemark Theatres
(2) Regal Entertainment Group
(3) United Artists Theatres
(4) Edwards Theatres
(5) Carmike Cinemas
(6) AMC Theatres
(7) Kerasotes Theatres
(8) Muller Family Theatres (Local Theatres)
(9) Harkins Theatres
(10) Marcus Theatres

|  IP: Logged

Bob Allen

- posted October 10, 2012 02:27 PM      Profile for Bob Allen   Email Bob Allen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's interesting Scott. I can't believe you will not go to see a movie at at theatre that has sloped floors. As long as the film has a good story line what's the difference? I can watch a movie from a sloped floor with mono sound and, as long as it has a good story line, enjoy it. So do you go to theatres for the technical updates and contemporary styling or to see a good story? Just curious. I've been around long enough to have lived through all the technical updates and have concluded a good story in 1960 was as good as a good story in 2012.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.