HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Regency Takes Another One

Author Topic: Regency Takes Another One
Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted June 18, 2012 07:21 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently,they took over the Edwards Westminster 10 during the weekend according to the listing in the Los Angeles Times

|  IP: Logged

Bob Allen

- posted June 18, 2012 11:04 AM      Profile for Bob Allen   Email Bob Allen         Edit/Delete Post 
This has and will happen all the time in the metro areas primarily, I believe, because the idiots running the big chains have the mentality that if they out-screen the other guy they will force them to close. So they have over-screened just about every metro area.

Todd Erwin

- posted June 18, 2012 03:50 PM      Profile for Todd Erwin   Email Todd Erwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I agree, but the Westminster 10 did not have any real competition.

Christopher Crouch

- posted June 18, 2012 08:24 PM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
Likely a site REG cut loose as the result of not being deemed "cost effective" for digital conversion. While there is still plenty of life left in that venue, it no longer fits the business model of a company like REG. We will likely see a lot of moves like this over the next couple of years (i.e. the "big three" dropping older sites and small to mid level operators picking them up).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.