CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » AMC Loews Marina Del Rey 6 Scheduled to CLOSE April or May!(6CinemaSuites Reno.)

Author Topic: AMC Loews Marina Del Rey 6 Scheduled to CLOSE April or May!(6CinemaSuites Reno.)
Matthew Lok

- posted April 23, 2012 05:18 PM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a friendly reminder. Don't forget AMC Loews Marina Del Rey 6 is Scheduled to Close THIS! MONTH; or Possibly Next Month.

So if anyone, like me (who's never been there), want to visit the theater, please do Not put it off. : )

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 23, 2012 10:03 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Its still a true cineplex odeon and the last one in la since beverly center closed and citywalk had its remodel

Chris Utley

- posted April 24, 2012 08:33 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Any word on when the Dine-In Theatre that's replacing it will open?

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 24, 2012 08:56 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Idk. Im sure fall though.

Eric Gieszl

- posted May 30, 2012 04:05 PM      Profile for Eric Gieszl   Email Eric Gieszl         Edit/Delete Post 
AMC Dine-In Theatres Construction Begins at AMC Marina 6

AMC Marina 6 is slated to reopen in November with six Cinema Suites auditoriums

KANSAS CITY, Mo.--AMC Theatres® (AMC) announced today that construction on the AMC Dine-In TheatresTM experience has begun at AMC Marina 6 in Marina Del Rey, Calif. The building will be closed during renovations and is slated to reopen in November of 2012. Once reopened, AMC Marina 6 will offer six Cinema Suites auditoriums, which combine restaurant cuisine and cocktails, the ultimate comfort of luxury recliners, and AMC’s noted immersive theatre experience.

Guests will enjoy restaurant-style dining combined with the most current movies, presented in the immersive, big-screen viewing environment of an AMC theatre. Moviegoers will have the opportunity to order from an extensive menu of appetizers, sandwiches, entrees, desserts, beer, wine and cocktails, as well as traditional theatre concessions. The renovated auditoriums will also feature spacious, comfortable seating and service at the push of a button.

The AMC Dine-In Theatres Cinema Suites concept will be available in all six auditoriums:

Cinema Suites®

-Premium, upscale dining
-Reserved seating in power recliners
-7.5 feet of row spacing
-A personal call button that discreetly alerts a server
-A wide variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic specialty drinks, beer and wine
-Guests must be at least 21 years old

Beer, wine, cocktails and food will also be available at MacGuffins, located inside the theatre. Named after a term coined by famed filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock, MacGuffins is a warm, relaxing and inviting bar with a spacious lounge where guests can relax before or after their entertainment at tables and soft-seating areas.

The menu at MacGuffins and in the AMC Dine-In Theatres auditoriums will feature classic favorites like grilled gourmet burgers, artisan flatbread Pizzettas & Pizzini sandwiches, roasted chicken & brisket quesadillas, wedge salad, wraps and a wide variety of desserts. All menu items have been specifically prepared with the unique and exciting in-theatre dining experience in mind.

For more information about the AMC Dine-In Theatres experience, visit dinein.amctheatres.com.

Matthew Lok

- posted June 08, 2012 10:59 AM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
Eric, thanks for the AMC Press Release.

I never got my butt down to the theatre before it closed down, though. : (

Chris Utley

- posted November 26, 2012 08:37 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
The theatre is now running a soft open w/free movies/food/drinks for selected AMC Stubs members. I went here on Sunday 11/25/2012. AMC is going to make a KILLING with this place. It's pretty much Gold Class with the ticket price cut by 45% or so (417.50 on weekends as opposed to $32). Great food. Nice auditoriums (and SIDE MASKING in the one I was in). Power reclining seats.

Theatre staff says that the theatre will open officially on December 3rd. I predict that by 2013, there will be more Dine-In Theatres popping up all over town. Consider both ArcLight and Landmark SMOKED!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.