CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » AMC Theatres to Switch to Christie Solaria Projectors for their Bigger Screens.

Author Topic: AMC Theatres to Switch to Christie Solaria Projectors for their Bigger Screens.
Matthew Lok

- posted April 20, 2012 05:37 PM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
...Screens/Auditoriums. You guys probably know this already, : ) but I was at AMC [Loews] Monterey Park 14 today and saw some pallets in the lobby with Christie Solaria Projectors.

Over at film-tech. com user Chase Pickett (thanks) back on March 3, 20'11' posted about this.

http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f16/t000668.html

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 22, 2012 02:42 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe their converting one of the three big houses to an ETX house.

Matthew Lok

- posted April 23, 2012 05:08 PM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff, do NOT : ) tease me.

1. Have you hear any rumors about them coberting one of the 2 (I believe auditorium 13? & 14?; you know the 2 auditoroums when you walk yp the stairs); to an ETX?

2. Is there anyway you could contact an old friend at amc and see what they say?

3. Are these 2 auditoriums I'm referring to, bigger than what amc Santa Anita 16 has?

4. Personally IMO I do not see ETX happeing at Monterey Park because of how (I'm Asian), Asian people do not like to spend money on "frills" if necessary. MY OPINION I see ETX more likely happeing at Santa Anita because of a Good Median Income.

I can't wait to hear from you.

Jeff Arellano

- posted April 23, 2012 10:01 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
1 & 2 arr the two on the right as you walk upstairs. 14 is the first one on the left around the corner. And no insight on this. My contact is back east and out of the loop now.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.