HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Goodbye Mann Theaters

Author Topic: Goodbye Mann Theaters
Jeff Arellano

- posted December 23, 2011 04:26 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
MANN is closing the Westlake on Dec 27th. Its going to Cineopolis who will remodel and reopen it in may.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Utley

- posted December 24, 2011 11:11 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
End of an era...a shame.

Danny Baldwin

- posted December 26, 2011 03:31 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a surprising pickup for Cinepolis given that the Muvico is so close. Luxury over-screening could become a problem if they're not careful.

Edward Havens

- posted December 26, 2011 10:52 PM      Profile for Edward Havens   Email Edward Havens         Edit/Delete Post 
There are many things to say about the closing of Mann Theatres, but this is not the time nor place to say them. All I will say for now is that anyone who laments the closing of Mann Theatres clearly did not work for them in the past five years.

As sad as the passing of Bill Hertz was a couple years ago, it's a good thing he didn't see the pathetic end of the company he devoted so many wonderful years to.

Brad Erickson

- posted December 29, 2011 10:13 AM      Profile for Brad Erickson   Email Brad Erickson         Edit/Delete Post 
My first job was at the Village in Westwood in 1980. Back then nobody could hold a candle to them. It is very sad to see them go. I'm not a fan of the AMC way of exhibition. Aside from the remaining large theatres Village, Bruin, El Cap, Cinerama Dome. I only really like Arclight Hollywood. If these did not exist I simply would stop going to the movies.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.