CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Regency Snags Riverside University Village 10

Author Topic: Regency Snags Riverside University Village 10
Danny Baldwin

- posted December 15, 2011 01:12 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
After less than two years of UltraStar operation (following CinemaStar and Metropolitan), the first-run University Village 10 will be taken over by Regency on Friday. It's like musical chairs...

http://regencymovies.com/dateDetail.php?theaterId=35&date=2011-12-16

|  IP: Logged

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted December 15, 2011 02:34 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
oops! Just posted the same info.

Ron Pierce

- posted February 03, 2012 11:07 AM      Profile for Ron Pierce   Email Ron Pierce         Edit/Delete Post 
And now another one- The Norwalk 8.
http://www.regencymovies.com/main.php?theaterId=36

Christopher Crouch

- posted February 03, 2012 07:27 PM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully, Regency isn't overextending themselves. They've been picking up theatres at a staggering rate over the past few years and have quite a few under performers on their roster. Throw in the unavoidable expense of converting to digital and that's a hefty financial burden to be taking on. From what I know of the company, they don't have some ultra wealthy benefactor behind the scenes.

Regency seems to be one of the few chain operators that appreciates the value of older theatres in Southern California and I would really hate to see them go the way of a company like Super Saver/Silver Cinemas; flaming out via rapid expansion. Without them, there would be a lot of great theatres lost.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.