CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Is Cinemagic Theatres Closing in Minnesota?

Author Topic: Is Cinemagic Theatres Closing in Minnesota?
Scott Clayton

- posted February 03, 2011 09:51 AM      Profile for Scott Clayton           Edit/Delete Post 
Is cinemagic theatres going out of buisness? I just check the web site for showtimes for this weekend at the Burnsville Atlantis 15 Theatre but they said they are now closed. But I found a news article on why they are closed. They will re open in mid February. Im also wondering about Paragon Theaters located in Florida. I dont know much about them are they a new company or have they been around for while. Are they planning to expand to Minnesota?

Heres the link:
http://mnsun.com/articles/2011/01/28/burnsville/news/5bv03theatre.txt

Atlantis 15 Theatre in Burnsville under new management, to re-open in February
BY JOSEPH PALMERSHEIM • SUN NEWSPAPERS
Published: Thursday, January 27, 2011 1:37 PM CST
Screens at the Atlantis 15 Theatre in Burnsville are dark today amid news that the facility is now under new ownership.

Florida-based Paragon Theaters purchased the theatre, along with another in Rochester. As a result, both theatres will be closed "for a short time" to allow for training of new staff and installation of amenity upgrades, according to a statement from Paragon. The Atlantis is scheduled to re-open in mid-February.

Planned additions to the Atlantis include a VIP premier serving area with a bar, an expanded arcade and gaming area, and a 70-foot large format branded screen capable of 3-D projections.

The theatre was formerly owned by CineMagic Theatres of Maple Grove, and opened in 2008. The Atlantis features 15 screens and an IMAX system.

[ February 03, 2011, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Scott Clayton ]

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted February 03, 2011 06:05 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
CineMagic's parent company, Midwest Theatres Corp., filed for bankruptcy after one location was foreclosed upon. Reports indicate assets of $9M vs. debts of $29M.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.