CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » AMC Pine Square 16 Closing?

Author Topic: AMC Pine Square 16 Closing?
Jeff Arellano

- posted October 31, 2010 01:04 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I read its closing soon but when I don't know. Its had a good run and opened the same time as Montebello 10. Apparently they want to convert it into Condos. Would this be the first multiplex converted into condos?

|  IP: Logged

Christopher Crouch

- posted November 01, 2010 02:26 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
Strange to think of Pine Square being closed. I can remember when it was one of southern californi'a top performers. Back in the mid 90's, Pine Square, along with the three Burbanks and Century City 14, was a key post for up and coming gm's/managers. Naturally, that was over a decade ago and before the megaplex era changed everything, but it's still odd for me to see all of these former premiere locations having run their course.

Mark Campbell

- posted November 01, 2010 04:36 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
The close by Cinemark at the Pike must have killed it. Don't they play same day/date even though they are a mile apart?

Jeff Arellano

- posted November 01, 2010 09:29 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the good ole days of PS16, the cafe... The self serve stands..6 good size screens and 10 small ones.

Montebello will live on. It just went all digital and has 3d on two screens at least.

Pine Square may see its 18th birthday soon but will not live to see 20.

Jeff Arellano

- posted November 29, 2010 10:27 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
This theater closed for business yesterday. Didn't see it till today. Didn't see its 18th birthday.

Edward Havens

- posted November 30, 2010 08:00 AM      Profile for Edward Havens   Email Edward Havens         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was in the my twenties, whether I was living at Ocean and Lime or 5th and Cerritos or Walnut and Erie (you'll know the blocks if you are a Long Beach native or have spent enough time there) I would go to the AMC Marina Pacifica or UA Marketplace to see a movie before I would go to Pine Square. I didn't like the theatre, I didn't like having to park at the Plaza and I didn't like being harassed by the bums and crazies as I was coming and going between the Plaza and the theatre. The last time I saw a movie at Pine Square was in 1995, when Showgirls came out, because I was too embarrassed to see it at one of the theatres I did regularly attend.

Pine Square won't be missed at all.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.