CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Regal Cinemas Keystone 16 in Dallas to close?

Author Topic: Regal Cinemas Keystone 16 in Dallas to close?
David Pulido

- posted October 13, 2010 01:52 AM      Profile for David Pulido   Email David Pulido         Edit/Delete Post 
Rumor is that Regal will be closing the Keystone 16 just north of Dallas this coming Sunday after the business day. This move comes abruptly. Regal took this theater over from AMC after they were forced to give up several theaters for monopoly reasons.

I wonder, if Regal is shuttering this theater in a move to obtain the AMC Grand 24 in Dallas.

|  IP: Logged

John J. Fink

- posted October 13, 2010 11:33 AM      Profile for John J. Fink   Author's Homepage   Email John J. Fink         Edit/Delete Post 
Southern Theatres should take over the Grand 24. All they'd have to remove are the letters A M and C

Robert Crabtree

- posted October 14, 2010 12:05 AM      Profile for Robert Crabtree   Email Robert Crabtree         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...Keystone Park does not list any shows beyond Sunday, and more to the point, this first run theatre that does not look to split product lists no shows for the new wide releases this week, RED or Jack-Ass 3-D.

Grand appears to have a full slate of films for the coming week, but has AMC been shuttling out the 3-D projectors in advance of the end of their lease, or did Grand never have any?

John J. Fink

- posted October 14, 2010 06:23 AM      Profile for John J. Fink   Author's Homepage   Email John J. Fink         Edit/Delete Post 
Also Grand isn't using all 24 screens - anyone know what's up with that?

David Pulido

- posted October 17, 2010 03:10 AM      Profile for David Pulido   Email David Pulido         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be heading to the Keystone for its last day of business to help get stuff for my theater...hope to get some pictures of its last day.

Robert Crabtree

- posted October 21, 2010 11:37 PM      Profile for Robert Crabtree   Email Robert Crabtree         Edit/Delete Post 
Sent you a PM David.

John Robert

- posted October 23, 2010 01:23 PM      Profile for John Robert   Email John Robert         Edit/Delete Post 
The Keystone is no longer listed in Regal's list of TX locations, and I didn't find any press releases referencing a closing of the Keystone. Also, no recent articles in the Morning News or Observer.

Robert Crabtree

- posted November 04, 2010 06:16 PM      Profile for Robert Crabtree   Email Robert Crabtree         Edit/Delete Post 
Those pictures of Keystone look great! Aside from the island stand (ick), that lobby looks smashing, even if it's a bit light on space.

Mark Richey

- posted November 13, 2010 07:11 PM      Profile for Mark Richey   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Richey         Edit/Delete Post 
The closing of the Keystone (which, since I no longer live in the area, I wasn't even aware of until now) leaves the Richardson area completely devoid of theaters. The nearest theaters are the Cinemarks in North and West Plano, the Firewheel in Garland, and the NorthPark in Dallas, all of which are at least 15/20 minutes away in clear traffic.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.