CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » AMC TAKES OVER MANN CRITERION 6 (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: AMC TAKES OVER MANN CRITERION 6
Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted July 01, 2010 02:29 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that the dining experience isn't for the sake of eating all the time, I find it would be useful for those times when you want to grab a bite and then see a 7:30 show but by the time you get off work and to the theatre it's 6:45 already and you don't want to rush through a crappy fast food meal.

If I can meet friends for a movie, go to my seat and get a meal that I can eat at a leisurely pace while enjoying my movie then that's what I want. Why should I have to go to the 9:30-10:00 show just because I want to get food after work?

|  IP: Logged

Chris Utley

- posted July 01, 2010 02:37 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
When these Fork & Screens finally do hit LA, my film clubs will be all over them! All of our events consist of dinner & a movie anyway. Be nice to do both under one roof!

...actually, we DO do both under one roof when we go to ArcLight Hollywood. But that's mostly scarfing down plates at 6-6:30 in order to get to our seats by 7-7:15. No fun at all!

Mark Campbell

- posted July 01, 2010 03:02 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
The nice thing is that there are options out there...at least in metropolitan areas.

Back to the Criterion: AMC seems to be booking the Santa Monica theatres like they do in Burbank with the same film playing in multiple locations. Almost all the films are playing at at least 2 theaters, and in the case of Twightlight, all 3! This means you have a choice to watch it in an AMC environment, a Mann environment, or a Cineplex Odeon environment. I prefer the Criterion over the other 2.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted July 01, 2010 03:39 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
It is strange how chains are booking nearby theatres nowadays. Now that it's not such a prestigious big deal to have it "Showing on 4 screens!" they seem to be spreading their movies out so people don't show up to one complex and get told "Oh sorry... that's playing across the street."

Jeff Arellano

- posted July 01, 2010 04:05 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
That was the issue at Burbank all the time. Customers would miss their movie cause they went to the wrong theater. Then would expect a free ticket because they were inconvenienced for being dumb and not reading the right theater. For santa Monica it won't be so bad since two theaters are across from each other and the third a block and a half away.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.