CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Regal Dropping Two Edwards in LA? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Regal Dropping Two Edwards in LA?
Chris Utley

- posted November 16, 2010 02:08 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Regency to the rescue!

|  IP: Logged

Danny Baldwin

- posted November 16, 2010 02:35 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope so, although given the space is up for sale and Regency already has the Academy a mere 10 minutes away, it might not be feasible.

Danny Baldwin

- posted November 16, 2010 05:33 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff Arellano writes on CinemaTreasures: "A new three story county office building is going to be constructed on the site with an opening in 2012 according to the SGV Tribune." So, yeah, certainly no Regency.

Interestingly, I did notice they are getting "new" movies this weekend, which would typically suggest they're sticking around. But I guess a three-day run wouldn't bother studios when it's a discount house.

Jeff Arellano

- posted November 16, 2010 06:41 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I was reading on yelp that they have been laying off employees. With the Renissance splitting product still with AMC I'm sure they are not as busy as they used to be (Renissance does get all films that have IMAX).

With the notion that the Palace will be torn down rather soon for the building, we need pictures! I cannot unfortunately due to Harry Potter opening and me being busy getting ready for it.

Danny Baldwin

- posted November 16, 2010 06:46 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
False alarm! Showtimes through Tuesday have been added (Wednesday will have moveovers)! Looks like those of us who wanted to check the place out will have some more time.

Jeff Arellano

- posted March 02, 2011 09:40 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
According to the Alhambra Source.. the Atlantic Palace will close in June and will be razed on july 1. Time to get.pictures!

Danny Baldwin

- posted June 13, 2011 11:24 PM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like it closed yesterday. Didn't realize, or I would have gone to see it off. So it goes. [Frown]

Dave Felthous

- posted June 21, 2011 06:52 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect that Regal once again is in financial trouble, even with the merger 10 years ago.

Two new projects in Northwest Washington that were supposed to be well under way have not been started.

Also, a couple of weeks ago Regal decreed a huge cut in part-time managers. I quit rather than be relegated to floor staff, where some of the work is too physical for an old phart like me.

My former theater in Seattle has the highest ticket prices in the whole market, not to mention food. The IMAX is embarassingly small, and tickets for that are several dollars higher than a really good presentation at the AMC 10 miles north.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.