CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » ArcLight Pasadena set to open soon (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: ArcLight Pasadena set to open soon
Chris Utley

- posted May 01, 2010 10:08 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't have a clue how I did a double post. Sorry.

|  IP: Logged

Matthew Lok

- posted May 07, 2010 11:26 AM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got back from the Arclight Pasadena, lobby. Sorry I did not take any pics as I did no bring my camera. This is my first time inside an Arlight lobby. It looked very nice.

One thing I didn't care for is they (well at least at this location), didn't have any current movie posters inside. Just a wall of old ones. Like I believe the Rave in Las Vegas has.

I like seeing lots of posters movies or ads one when I go to the theater. I think its part of the experience.

Chris Utley

- posted May 07, 2010 12:17 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Arclight Sherman Oaks has a similar wall in which they feature movie posters from back in the day. Arclight Hollywood only features posters for movies currently running in the theatre.

I, for one, like those old movie posters. I dig the history & style. And the memories!

Matthew Lok

- posted May 07, 2010 01:40 PM      Profile for Matthew Lok   Email Matthew Lok         Edit/Delete Post 
^^ Chris, the poster on the wall that I saw today that stands out in my head, is the Back to the Future Poster that was pretty much dead center.

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 26, 2010 12:07 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Well now its time for my rant about the Arclight Paseo. Jeff is not happy. Ready to continue? Ready to read on? Trust me it won't be pretty.

First off. The exterior is unaltered. Minus the fact they took off the PACIFIC THEATERS Off the building and put up a really bad looking Arclight logo in the entry its no different. The old box office area is now a bar. There is no cafe here just a bar. The box office takes up a good half of the already cramped lobby. I went to see a movie at 810 on a Friday night and this theater was EMPTY. And EMPTY not in a good way. The crowd was mostly KIDS here. Something you don't see at Hollywood. Kids were running around just like they did at the old Pacific. Seats were like in Hollywood. Screen was like cheap Pacific with top down masking. Our crowd.was loud. it was just like the Pacific crowd migrated and paid the extra few bucks for the Arclight experience. I was not impressed. Hollywood wowed me. Pasadena hit me in the back when I was yawning. I liked this theater better as a standard pacific theater. I am going to hate to see what Beach Cities will look like... Even though that building dies need a remodel.

Oh and one last thing. The theater itself looked ok. They tried snazzying up the Arclight look with a ton of curtains and mood lighting.

Oh and I did snap some cellphone picks. I won't be able to upload them till Tuesday.

Oh and to let you know how disgusted I was.. I just typed this thing guickly with my BlackBerry

Chris Utley

- posted June 27, 2010 10:03 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
OUCH!

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 27, 2010 10:25 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris knew you would like my write up.

Brad Erickson

- posted June 28, 2010 12:35 PM      Profile for Brad Erickson   Email Brad Erickson         Edit/Delete Post 
The "converted" Arclight theatres will never live up to the Hollywood theatre standards. Arclight Hollywood was specifically designed with the intention of the being superb on all levels. Each auditorium is designed to provide a perfect presentation. Most multiplexes are designed to fit as many seats as possible.

Chris Utley

- posted June 28, 2010 01:40 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Once again, ArcLight Hollywood is the only one built from the ground up. That's why the others pale by comparison. They are (foolishly) thinking that all they have to do is convert dumpy Pacifics into Arclights and it'll be the same standards of service & presentation. NOT!

If Arclight wants to impress me, they'll build another one from the ground up. Heck...right behind Pacific Beach Cities is a tract of land that they've been turning into retail space. I'd rather see them build a brand new Arclight on that land instead of another Arclight-Lite conversion.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.