CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Hallys Ferry 14 demolition has begun

Author Topic: Hallys Ferry 14 demolition has begun
Bradley Higgins

- posted January 06, 2010 08:33 AM      Profile for Bradley Higgins   Email Bradley Higgins         Edit/Delete Post 
We just went by it and they have torn down one auditorium on the side closest to the old Children's Place and Chuck e Cheese's anyone heard what might been replacing it? You can see the old red cloth that covered the walls in the old auditoriums hanging lose.

|  IP: Logged

Kyle Muldrow

- posted January 06, 2010 01:13 PM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...not really surprised, though, as that whole area around New Halls Ferry and 270 is totally dead. Everything you mentioned...including the Target and the Mexican Restaurant...has been closed and boarded up for some time now. No idea what's going to go on that site...

Chris Utley

- posted January 07, 2010 08:31 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Is the Red Lobster still open? I know the White Castle will be the last man standing when the dust settles. [LOL]

Bradley Higgins

- posted January 07, 2010 04:36 PM      Profile for Bradley Higgins   Email Bradley Higgins         Edit/Delete Post 
Red Lobster is closed. Now if we want Red Lobster we have to go to Alton. That area is a ghost town.

Chris Utley

- posted January 08, 2010 09:04 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] THE RED LOBSTER IS GONE? [barf] [Roll Eyes] [Mad]

Please tell me the White Castle is still standing! For that matter, is the Cracker Barrell across the road on the other side of 270 still standing? Only time I waited over an hour to be seated for breakfast.

Geez...what's it gonna take to save North County. This is SAD SAD SAD!

Kyle Muldrow

- posted January 08, 2010 10:50 AM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me give some reassurance, Chris...

I checked out the websites of both White Castle and Cracker Barrel and it appears both are still there. White Castle's website even uses Google Maps' "Street View". Check it out:

White Caste

Cracker Barrel

Agree with you though...don't know what it's gonna take to save North County...wasn't the Halls Ferry's address something on Target Road? Need to see if I can get a street view of that place too...

Bradley Higgins

- posted January 15, 2010 09:13 PM      Profile for Bradley Higgins   Email Bradley Higgins         Edit/Delete Post 
The original part of the theater is almost gone. The expansion in the front is still standing but I give it one or two weeks before its gone as well.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted January 16, 2010 09:08 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Bradley, would you mind taking a few demolition photos for the theater's record?

Bradley Higgins

- posted January 16, 2010 03:32 PM      Profile for Bradley Higgins   Email Bradley Higgins         Edit/Delete Post 
I never have my camera when we go by. I don't drive so I can't get over there whenever I want.

Norman Plant

- posted January 18, 2010 12:20 PM      Profile for Norman Plant   Email Norman Plant         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to Bradley's heads up, I went over to the Halls Ferry site last Friday and took some pictures, which I uploaded to the newsroom. I will be up there again tomorrow and will keep all of you former north county guys updated.

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted January 18, 2010 06:29 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Photos posted.

Bradley Higgins

- posted February 03, 2010 02:51 PM      Profile for Bradley Higgins   Email Bradley Higgins         Edit/Delete Post 
It's all gone now nothing but rubble.

Chris Utley

- posted February 03, 2010 03:37 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
All I have left of my childhood is the Esquire & the Tivoli. How they're talking at other websites, the Esquire's days are numbered since people can't seem to behave themselves over there nowadays.

Kyle Muldrow

- posted February 03, 2010 04:30 PM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
As far as movie theaters go, the only thing left of my childhood is the St. Andrews Cinema. I've heard those comments about the Esquire. It would be a shame to lose that place with all the historical value.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.