CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Regal Issaquah Highlands Stadium 14 - 2011

Author Topic: Regal Issaquah Highlands Stadium 14 - 2011
Jerry Norwood

- posted December 01, 2009 12:46 PM      Profile for Jerry Norwood   Email Jerry Norwood         Edit/Delete Post 
Issaquah is getting a new theater, but I don't know what is happening to the old Issaquah 9 which will be about 4 miles away or so. I was a General Manager of Issaquah 9 back in 2002, and it was definitley a theater that needed a stadium retrofit back then. I don't expect this theater to do more than 400,000 in attendance a year. The population density just isn't there.

|  IP: Logged

Bob Allen

- posted December 01, 2009 04:51 PM      Profile for Bob Allen   Email Bob Allen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jerry:

I think Regal (for whom I used to be an assistant manager) frequently overscreens a community thinking it will keep out the competition (no one ever accused the brass at hq of being geniuses). This old showman is of the opinion that neither stadium seating nor the latest techno-gadget is not necessary for a theatre to do business. What is needed are good story lines and reasonable prices at the BO and concession stand.

Mark Campbell

- posted December 02, 2009 04:07 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
My guess is they will close the Issaquah 9 when the other one opens, just as they did in Everett with the Everett 9 (which was a similar ActIII build like the Issaquah 9), merely because of lack of population density.

The other choices would be:
- to make it discount 2nd run like they did the East Valley 13 in Renton when The Landing 14 opened, or:
- make it 1st run with less desirable films, move-overs or kids films like they do at the South Hill Mall 6 in Puyallup.
I doubt there is enough demand to keep that many screens open in Issaquah for either of these 2 choices.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.