CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Gold Class One Colorado (formerly Laemmle's One Colorado) to re-open Dec. 2

Author Topic: Gold Class One Colorado (formerly Laemmle's One Colorado) to re-open Dec. 2
Danny Baldwin

- posted November 22, 2009 10:02 AM      Profile for Danny Baldwin   Author's Homepage   Email Danny Baldwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott or Adam- Probably should move this post for me... totally blanked on the section.

This now-luxury Pasadena cinema will re-open Dec. 2, with ticket prices of $22, which is actually lower than I expected given the prices of other Gold Class locations. While you won't get a giant screen here, Gold Class looks pretty comfortable from the website tour. If you factor in parking, $17.50 at ArcLight vs. $22 here doesn't seem like THAT much of a difference, although I doubt many of us will be doing it every weekend.

Showtimes starting for the December 2 weekend are here.

But here's the real kicker of an e-mail I got with my free membership to MyCinemaAccess.com: "Gold Class Cinemas at One Colorado in Pasadena, California invites you to experience Gold Class For Free starting Monday - November 23 and continuing until we open our doors to the Public on December 2nd. Enjoy a complimentary entree and two drinks during your movie. ID is required for alcohol. Showtimes are available at http://goldclassdinemas.com/onecolorado [Danny's note: this url doesn't work, go to the one above]. Tickets are limited so call for your Exclusive MyCinemaAccess.com Member Free Invitation. RSVP by calling 626.639.2260 Today."

That means any of you could probably sign up on the site, call that number, and go and eat for free with the movie! Don't know if the movies are second-run (probably are), but could be a cool opportunity.

Now I will go back to wallowing in misery over the fact I spent TEN WHOLE MONTHS in L.A. without ever going to the original One Colorado, which happened to be my favorite kind of theater, judging from the pictures... [Frown]

EDIT: One more note -- there doesn't appear to be any surcharge for 3D, so taking THAT into account, it's only $1.50 more than ArcLight, factoring in parking, at peak times.

|  IP: Logged

Dave Felthous

- posted November 23, 2009 08:39 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
Gold Class did a similar thing when it opened last year in an abandoned AMC eightplex in the Seattle suburb of Redmond (home of Microsoft) but I don't think it was generally advertised, I believe they invited friends of staff members. A buddy of mine was the head bartender. I was invited but couldn't go.

I think the Redmond location may be struggling. They've shrunk their newspaper ads considerably. And, because of Washington's archaic liquor laws, they have to designate one auditorium as no-alcohol, and they're not allowed to switch it around depending on what's playing and what films they have.

This was not the time to start an upscale movie venue. Gold Class often plays the same films that are at the Regal 11-plex a short distance away. The Regal isn't fancy but it's an inviting, comfortable venue. It just got a major makeover.

Mike Rivest

- posted December 06, 2009 05:19 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
The Village Gold Class Pasadena has opened
ad is at http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5Ho8uo9SbHAr5_vg2otERQ?feat=directlink
Tickets costs $22.00

Brad Erickson

- posted December 23, 2009 05:23 PM      Profile for Brad Erickson   Email Brad Erickson         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like overkill to me.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.