CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Saenger Theatre, New Orleans - Need Help finding historic carpet pattern

Author Topic: Saenger Theatre, New Orleans - Need Help finding historic carpet pattern
Megan Tormey

- posted September 28, 2009 07:06 AM      Profile for Megan Tormey   Email Megan Tormey         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

I am on the team working to restore the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans after it suffered damaged from Katrina. Here is where I need your help. We are restoring the theatre to its 1927 appearance but have been unable to find a good, accurate image of the original carpet pattern. We also have not found any carpet remnants in the theatre itself. Everything was thrown out post-Katrina.

I found reference to the original carpet having "the company's 'Saenger' logo woven into the pattern" on this website http://www.saengeramusements.com/theatres/nawlins/saenger/newosaeng.htm

I have tried to contact the website owner but the email address is no longer valid. I hoping that someone out there has an historic photo or newspaper article that references the pattern.

Any help or information would be appreciated. Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.