HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » AMC Kent 14

Author Topic: AMC Kent 14
William Newman

- posted July 10, 2009 02:53 PM      Profile for William Newman   Email William Newman         Edit/Delete Post 
Recently, AMC Kent 14 added IMAX in one of the theatres.

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton

- posted July 13, 2009 07:55 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
I understand it's another "Imax lite" design.

Dan Roben

- posted July 13, 2009 09:27 PM      Profile for Dan Roben           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's really hard to get excited over this one. I've been in one of their "big houses" (all 299 "can't be 300 or more or we'll have to spend money on an elevator" seats) and I don't remember being particularly overwhelmed by the size of a normal screen.

Oddly enough, since AMC has seen fit to not even bother with a theater listing ad in the Seattle Times anymore (not even on Fridays), I would never have known about this latest installation if it weren't for this forum.

It seems to me that they (AMC) are shooting themselves in the foot by not advertising at least on Fridays. Although newspaper readership is down, there are still plenty of people who find it easier to check out what all the theaters are playing with a simple scan of the newspaper ads, and therefore not having to click around to various sites on the Internet.

For now, Regal is still advertising as is Landmark and Cinemark and some of the independents.

Dave Felthous

- posted July 14, 2009 08:59 AM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend at the Seattle Times says they get calls from readers complaining that AMC no longer runs a directory ad. They are advised to contact AMC. So far it hasn't worked.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.