CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Which St. Louis theater will be the next to close?

Author Topic: Which St. Louis theater will be the next to close?
Kyle Muldrow

- posted March 14, 2009 02:21 PM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I'll admit it up front...The main reason for this is so I could make my 100th post on this site!!! YAY! I did it!! HOORAY!!!

Now that I've had my moment, back to the question...

Based on what I've read, I think it's a toss up between two theaters: Jamestown Mall and Crestwood Plaza (I know, it's called Crestwood Court now). Both malls are hurting financially (Jamestown just lost its Sears store, Crestwood just lost its Macy's store) and should be undergoing redevelopment soon (at least that's what some news reports have said). One report on the Post-Dispatch's website said the theater will remain open at Jamestown despite the redevelopment, but it's no secret business at that mall has not been good for quite some time. Same can be said at Crestwood, which just seems to be dying on the vine. So which do you think will bite the dust first? Or could it be some other theater? If so, tell us why you think so.

The floor is now officially open...

|  IP: Logged

Matthew Martin

- posted April 03, 2009 02:51 AM      Profile for Matthew Martin   Email Matthew Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to say one of the AMC theatres. Some of those theatres seem like odd ducks in the area surrounded by the Wehrenbergs and the Regal in Hazelwood.

My other guess is the Keller, which is currently second run.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.