CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Golden State Theatre is OPEN!

Author Topic: Golden State Theatre is OPEN!
Brad Harlan

- posted March 05, 2005 10:27 PM      Profile for Brad Harlan   Email Brad Harlan         Edit/Delete Post 
Contrary to the indicator on the State Theatre/Monterey tour, the Golden State Theatre in Monterey, California is open for business while restoration is ongoing. Please visit us at http://www.goldenstatetheatre.com Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Dave Felthous

- posted March 07, 2005 06:01 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
What has happened to the Regency across Alvarado, which had been operated as a "fourth screen" for the State for many years?
Glad to see the Golden State re-emerging! The website indicates there will be a "gift store" eventually. Let us know when that's up and running.

Brad Harlan

- posted March 07, 2005 06:55 PM      Profile for Brad Harlan   Email Brad Harlan         Edit/Delete Post 
The Regency building (the 1919 Elks Lodge) was purchased by another party. At the moment, it's vacant, although I understand it's going to be used for movies from India. It no longer has any connection with the Golden State.

The gift shop/ticket counter/concession stand should be up and running this Friday, March 11, in time for Harold Lloyd's "Grandma's Boy." If you look at the theatre picture on this site, it will be located in the storefront immediately to the right of the entrance apron. It will be known as "The Golden State Emporium."

I'll be happy to keep everyone posted!

Brad

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted March 07, 2005 08:38 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
I would have sworn the Regency had been turned into a Walgreens drug store when I drove down the street last month.

Brad Harlan

- posted March 07, 2005 08:56 PM      Profile for Brad Harlan   Email Brad Harlan         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, it's next door, to the left. Walgreen's used to be McWhorter's Stationery, and before that, J.C. Penney.

Dave Felthous

- posted March 08, 2005 06:33 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always loved Monterey/Pacific Grove. If I could afford it I would retire there. I work for Regal in the Northwest and I used to kid my wife that if the State were looking for a GM I was gone. I hope the Golden State store will be able to sell stuff online.

Brad Harlan

- posted March 08, 2005 06:45 PM      Profile for Brad Harlan   Email Brad Harlan         Edit/Delete Post 
I love it here too, but if I didn't have a great job, I couldn't afford it. As it is, I can only rent, as home prices are ridiculous. But I make up for it by volunteering at an old movie palace. [Wink]

Brad Harlan

- posted March 25, 2005 09:28 AM      Profile for Brad Harlan   Email Brad Harlan         Edit/Delete Post 
The gift store is up and running! Check it out on http://www.goldenstatetheatre.com
I'm 50 years old today, and having my party at the Golden State tomorrow. The new owner is showing my favorite sci-fi movie, "Forbidden Planet"!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.