CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Tyler, TX: former Arcadia theater

Author Topic: Tyler, TX: former Arcadia theater
John Robert

- posted February 06, 2005 06:11 AM      Profile for John Robert   Email John Robert         Edit/Delete Post 
Long link

A couple has bought this old downtown single-screen and plan to make a coffee house out of the lobby/concession area, while the auditorium will be eventually converted to a staging area for productions/concerts/etc.

The last time it showed movies was 1992, the most recent ones being classics. The Arcadia hosted concerts and also was used as a church in more recent years.

The new owners plan to use the Arcadia logo letters from the marquee on the building facade, but apparently the remainder of the marquee couldn't be fixed up. Pigeons have attacked the projector equipment lately and nothing was said in the article about it's fate.

[ April 27, 2005, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

|  IP: Logged

Mark Richey

- posted February 07, 2005 11:05 PM      Profile for Mark Richey   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Richey         Edit/Delete Post 
I was in Tyler on business a couple months ago, and noticed this theater, along with two other run-down former one-screens in the downtown/courthouse area. If/when I find myself back in Tyler, I'll have to stop by for some coffee.

Michael Furlinger

- posted April 26, 2005 09:08 PM      Profile for Michael Furlinger   Email Michael Furlinger         Edit/Delete Post 
arcadia marquee is gone and the coffee house will open soon.the liberty theater down the street is for sale $200,0000

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted May 22, 2005 12:34 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
I was on a trip back from Shreveport and I was taking pictures of all the theatres in the square and when I went to take pictures of the Arcadia, the new owners were outside. They explained that they're doing a coffee shop up front, and restoring the auditorium. They let me in and I took a picture of their empty auditorium in progress. Once I get the pics to Adam it should only be a few weeks before they get updated.

The owners were very nice, invited me back for when they're finished.

James Colburn

- posted May 29, 2005 03:24 PM      Profile for James Colburn   Email James Colburn         Edit/Delete Post 
I spoke to them also a while back after first purchase. I am happy to hear they are doing something with it. I encouraged restore!!!

Now how do I add a theatre on this site. I have 3 Texas theatres with awesome pics! Inside and out.

Phillip Gray

- posted September 17, 2008 10:42 AM      Profile for Phillip Gray   Email Phillip Gray         Edit/Delete Post 
The city of Tyler condemned the auditorium. It is still there but unused.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.