CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Manteca KERASOTES SHOWPLACE 16 to open on November 7!

Author Topic: Manteca KERASOTES SHOWPLACE 16 to open on November 7!
Floyd E. Perry, Jr.

- posted October 06, 2008 10:46 PM      Profile for Floyd E. Perry, Jr.   Email Floyd E. Perry, Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
On November 7, Manteca, California will soon get a brand new State Of The Art Cineplex called KERASOTES SHOWPLACE 16. Check out Kerasotes Website at http://www.kerasotes.com/Showtimes.aspx?OptionTheater=Go&TheaterSearch=8555 or http://www.kerasotes.com/PressReleases/Manteca.pdf But the question is, What will happen to the existing MARKETPLACE STADIUM 10 which is operated by SR ENTERTAINMENT GROUP of SANTA ROSA (Formerly NORTH AMERICAN CINEMAS). I don't think a city, the size, of Manteca can support 2 Cineplex's of these sizes. Residents of Manteca also venture to other city Cineplex's like MODESTO, TRACY and STOCKTON. In fact, I believe REGAL may feel threatened by this new cineplex, as they are converting AUDITORIUM # 16 of Stockton's CITY CENTRE STADIUM 16 into a Mini Size IMAX. I have also heard that the New KERASOTES SHOWPLACE 16 will be an ALL DIGITAL PROJECTION CINEPLEX. This will also be KERASOTES first Cineplex in CALIFORNIA.

|  IP: Logged

Floyd E. Perry, Jr.

- posted October 12, 2008 10:47 AM      Profile for Floyd E. Perry, Jr.   Email Floyd E. Perry, Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I got a reply from SR ENTERTAINMENT GROUP (Formerly NORTH AMERICAN CINEMAS) regarding MARKETPLACE STADIUM 10, and he wrote that They will continue on showing First Run Films, at least for the time being. He says "ONLY TIME WILL TELL IF THEY WILL SWITCH TO A SECOND RUN BUDGET FORMAT IF BUSINESS IS REDUCED TO A CERTAIN NUMBER". We Will See.

David Au

- posted October 12, 2008 04:21 PM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
In some cities, competing theaters split the first run films so there is no duplication of movie titles.

It might increase the selection of movies for city residents. Also, the theaters could also add art films. There might be a market for art films.

Floyd E. Perry, Jr.

- posted October 13, 2008 08:56 PM      Profile for Floyd E. Perry, Jr.   Email Floyd E. Perry, Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
Problem is that MANTECA has a population of about 63,000. The new Cineplex is only a couple miles from the old cineplex. KERASOTES has 16 Screens while the MARKETPLACE has only 10. There are only so many movies being released to theaters. In Stockton, the CITY CENTRE STADIUM 16 put the STOCKTON ROYAL 4 out of business because if there are 2 Cineplex's near each other, Film Distributors like UNIVERSAL and WARNERS prefer a LARGER NEWER CINEPLEX as well as a BIGGER CINEMA CHAIN. And KERASOTES is a much larger chain than the much smaller SR ENTERTAINMENT GROUP (formerly NORTH AMERICAN CINEMAS).Also if ART FILMS can flop in a city the size of STOCKTON (almost 300,000) than it will be a bigger flop in MANTECA (63,000). Even MODESTO has problems drawing crowds to their STATE THETRE. Just My Two Cents!

Floyd E. Perry, Jr.

- posted November 01, 2008 10:33 PM      Profile for Floyd E. Perry, Jr.   Email Floyd E. Perry, Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
KERASOTES opened its doors a week early with a special WEEK LONG of FREE MOVIES with FREE POPCORN and Free Soft Drink. Paid Admissions start on November 7, ironically the same day REGAL opens its IMAX Screen in nearby STOCKTON at the CITY CENTRE STADIUM 16.

David Au

- posted November 02, 2008 02:56 PM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to see what the inside of a brand new Kerasotes looks like.

Kerasotes appears to like to name their theaters Showplace.

Photos

another photo

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted November 03, 2008 03:19 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
My understanding is that the same architect that designed Colorado Cinemas' locations (before Kerasotes bought them) was also Kerasotes' architect. So check out the Castle Rock or Parker, CO location, it's probably similar.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.