CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » IMAX coming to STOCKTON, CALIFORNIA this fall!

Author Topic: IMAX coming to STOCKTON, CALIFORNIA this fall!
Floyd E. Perry, Jr.

- posted October 02, 2008 09:30 PM      Profile for Floyd E. Perry, Jr.   Email Floyd E. Perry, Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
Well it was announced last week in my newspaper that REGAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP was adding an IMAX THEATRE to its CITY CENTRE STADIUM CINEMAS 16 (former SIGNATURE THEATRES) in STOCKTON, CALIFORNIA to be opening in a couple of months. It looks like they are remodeling and existing auditorium and retrofitting it with IMAX. Question is? Will this be a true IMAX THEATRE that I have been to in San Francisco a few years ago> I always thought that an IMAX AUDITORIUM is HUGE with a screen about 3 sories high. How can they put an IMAX screen in a smaller standard size auditorium? I can't figure it out. Will this be a MINI-ME type of IMAX THEATRE>

|  IP: Logged

David Au

- posted October 02, 2008 09:56 PM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
It will be a smaller version of IMAX. The screen will not be as big as the full sized IMAX in San Francisco. They will put in a screen that is a little bigger than the old one and move the screen closer to the audience. They will have to remove some of the rows of seats at the front of the auditorium. We will have to wait and see if people are willing to pay extra for this new type of smaller IMAX.

Floyd E. Perry, Jr.

- posted October 05, 2008 09:48 PM      Profile for Floyd E. Perry, Jr.   Email Floyd E. Perry, Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
I am curious if it will be smaller than the 3 that I am familiar with like REGAL's IMAX in both FRESNO and DUBLIN or the ESQUIRE IMAX in SACRAMENTO?

Floyd E. Perry, Jr.

- posted November 01, 2008 10:36 PM      Profile for Floyd E. Perry, Jr.   Email Floyd E. Perry, Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
The New IMAX will open its doors on NOVEMBER 7, 2008.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.