CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Regency Theatres Now Listed Separately In Los Angeles Times

Author Topic: Regency Theatres Now Listed Separately In Los Angeles Times
Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted July 05, 2008 09:18 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
They used to be attached to the Laemmle Theatres listing.

However,like Cinemark,the Inland Empire locations(Moreno Valley,Perris,Rialto and Riverside)have been left out even though they still are on the website.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Campbell

- posted July 05, 2008 10:30 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Do they mix the discount houses and the "Art Houses" all in the same ad? (IE: Westlake Village Twin and Redondo Beach Cinema 3 are under the same listing.

Does Laemmle still book their art houses?

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted July 05, 2008 01:52 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes,they do mix up the listings and i can only assume that Laemmle's still doing the booking. I also noticed that the Regent Showcase in Hollywood is still in the laemmle ad even though i've always seen it on the Regency website.

Mark Campbell

- posted July 05, 2008 11:53 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, I had never seen the Regent Showcase on the Regency Website. It is on Laemmle's website under "affiliated theatres".

Chris Utley

- posted July 06, 2008 03:54 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone confuses "Regent" and "Regency". The 2 are totally seperate companies who both used Laemmle to handle their booking.

[ July 07, 2008, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Chris Utley ]

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted July 07, 2008 06:21 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
Regent Entertainment,the company behind the gay oriented Here! cable tv network and much of its programming,apprently owns(or,at least,leases)the building.

Which explains why most the network's movies play there while concurrently airing on the network.(not all do,however,as the new film,"Holding Trevor",is playing at the Laemmle Sunset 5.)

Don't know what the Laemmle connection is if Regent does the in house booking of its own films including recent titles like "Kiss Me Deadly" & "House of Usher".

They also run the Here Lounge,not far from the theatre.

Jeff Arellano

- posted August 17, 2008 01:52 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
So last night for the first time since I worked at AMC Covina, I decided to see a movie on the cheap at the Regency Foothill 10 (Soon to be Regency Citrus Common 10 i'm sure).

They are doing a very extensive remodel. It was fairly busy last night. First off, they completely remodeled the outside, took out the large Edwards glass entry and toned it down. Second, all 10 theatres are converting to stadium seating. The concession stand behind the box office has been removed and is being relocated to under the stadium sections of Theatres 5 and 6. New tile, ceiling tiles, and paint is coming along. Carpet and some floor tile is still Edwards.

The signature Edwards mirrors in the entry upstairs area is gone. the restrooms are still located upstairs, and it looks like the signature Edwards booth windows are still going to be around.

Definitely an upgrade to the theatre. Once its complete, it should look awfully nice. And picture quality and sound quality was excellent. Definitely worth $6 evening prices.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.