HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Cinema Designs & Changes

Author Topic: Cinema Designs & Changes
Jerry Norwood

- posted June 30, 2008 06:40 AM      Profile for Jerry Norwood   Email Jerry Norwood         Edit/Delete Post 
PARKWAY PLAZA STADIUM 12 ARCHITECTURAL RENDERING IN 1998
FACILITY OPENED ON JULY 16, 1999

When I was General Manager of Parkway Plaza Stadium 12, I made a color photo copy of the architectural rendering we had in our blue prints. It's now framed and will be put in my office at another theater.

DO YOU NOTICE THE MINOR CHANGES FROM ITS DESIGN TO FINAL CONSTRUCTED LOOK??? I know them all....tell me what you notice.

1998 Rendering from WPH Architecture of Parkway Plaza 12:

-

|  IP: Logged

David Au

- posted June 30, 2008 04:43 PM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
The Cinema sign is yellow instead of red and there are fewer lighted marquees on the front.

Jerry Norwood

- posted June 30, 2008 07:54 PM      Profile for Jerry Norwood   Email Jerry Norwood         Edit/Delete Post 
David, correct! You have found 2 changes....theres a few more. The marquee was reduced because of City of Tukwila signage code limits. That's why the 12 poster cases on the outside had to be removed in 2001. They considered them to be a violation of the signage code. You are only allotted so much sq. ft. of signage per the sq. ft. of the building. Parkway Plaza Stadium 12 is 42,000 sq. ft. in all.

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 30, 2008 08:24 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like the windows were pushed out to the edge of the columns instead of behind them, and it also looks like the cover on the side only goes part way than ends.

David Au

- posted July 01, 2008 01:03 AM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
The drawing also seems to have more lighting shining on the building.

Jerry Norwood

- posted July 01, 2008 07:38 AM      Profile for Jerry Norwood   Email Jerry Norwood         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff, the windows were done as they look on this rendering. The only difference is that they were tinted. That's probably why the rendering looks off a little. The covering does go to the end of the building on the west side as well.

David, the lighting on the theater is all correct (when all the bulbs are working). In general, the rendering just was too bright as if they were another lighting source shining at it. There are more differences....can you see them? :-)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.