CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Regal The Landing Stadium 14 - 2008 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Regal The Landing Stadium 14 - 2008
Mark Campbell

- posted October 15, 2008 10:35 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
The Landing opens Friday. Looking at Regal's and AMC's websites it appears that The Landing and AMC's Renton Village 8 will play the same films, meaning the city of Renton has a new booking zone. Also it looks like Regal's East Valley 13 is going discount as Friday's showtimes for that theatre is a new slate of 2nd run fare. I would have thought that they would have kept it first run to knock out the Renton Village 8 (sandwiched exactly between the 2). However it is so close to Regal's own Parkway Plaza 12 that it might not have made sense to keep it 1st run. The Parkway Plaza seems to still be getting product despite the recently nearby opened AMC Southcenter 16. This is now the most overscreened areas in the Puget Sound region.

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton

- posted October 15, 2008 09:32 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
And "The Landing" is 35mm film projection.

Dave Felthous

- posted October 16, 2008 11:58 AM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a preview this week of the Landing 14. My old boss was there helping out, so I got a tour.

The screens are quite large, but flat. Drop-down masking creates the 2.35 images. (Yes, it's all 35mm; Northgate -- er, sorry, Thornton Place -- will be all-digital.) Tivoli lights along the aisles have alternate red and green bulbs, which makes it look like Christmas. Kinda odd.

The railings and barriers are a polished silver metal, giving them more visibility than the black ones that some theaters have, and reducing maintenance considerably. I remember cleaning the scuffed, painted railings when I was with Regal.

There's a handy parking garage next door. I suspect that once all the stores are up and running traffic is going to be a tangle. The roads within the development are narrow. But there's easy access off the city street to and from the garage and theater.

Ken Layton

- posted October 23, 2008 08:30 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
Theater officially opened October 17, 2008.

Mark Campbell

- posted November 06, 2008 03:15 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Slightly unrelated, but the nearby Regal East Valley 13, which has gone discount with the opening of The Landing 14, has only been programming 11 of its 13 screens. Any ideas? Did Regal need some equipment for the Landing and raid a nearby theater?

Also: Online article in the Renton Reporter about the opening of The Landing 14 mentions that the AMC Renton Village 8's lease will be up in November 2009. It will be interesting to see what happens to it afterwards. Since the East Valley 13 went discount, AMC has been able to book any title they want at the Renton Village 8 as they play the same films as The Landing 14. But whether or not customers choose it is another story with The Landing 2.5 miles north, and the AMC Southcenter 16 and Regal Parkway Plaza 12 about 2.5 miles west. A lot of choices in that area.

Article here:
http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/south_king/ren/lifestyle/31140689.html

Ken Layton

- posted November 07, 2008 08:17 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that east Valley is getting an IMAX conversion.

Mark Campbell

- posted November 07, 2008 09:12 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Does that mean that The East Valley, now a discount house, will again be a first run theatre once the conversion is complete?

Ken Layton

- posted November 09, 2008 10:12 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
I did some checking around. It's NOT getting an Imax conversion. The ceiling fell down in the two large houses so they simply closed them.

Mark Campbell

- posted November 10, 2008 10:12 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice upkeep. ALl the rains?

Ken Layton

- posted November 11, 2008 02:38 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
Regal has put the East Valley 13 up for sale. Asking price is 17 million dollars.

Mike Rivest

- posted November 12, 2008 03:50 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Grand opening ad is at http://flickr.com/photos/30943004@N00/2982645808/
Other 2008 grand opening ads at http://flickr.com/photos/30943004@N00/sets/72157604057951226/

Mark Campbell

- posted November 15, 2008 10:31 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Regal going to fix the ceiling damage at the East Valley 13? Would they have kept it first run had this not happened?

Ken Layton

- posted November 15, 2008 09:00 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
The area is overscreened now. I think they went discount just to get people in the doors.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.