HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Columbia City Cinema, Seattle

Author Topic: Columbia City Cinema, Seattle
Dave Felthous

- posted June 20, 2008 10:22 AM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
Columbia City Cinema has opened a second screen, and a third is under construction. The main theater, which opened in 2004, is upstairs in what was once a Masonic meeting room.

The two new auditoriums are on the street floor formerly occupied by a restaurant. The upstairs theater has 204 seats, Screen 2 has 114 seats, and Screen 3 will have 92 seats.

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton

- posted June 20, 2008 09:18 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
Is McRae Theatre Equipment providing the equipment/installation? Or is Scott Hicks' American Cinema Equipment doing it?

Dave Felthous

- posted June 23, 2008 06:12 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a company out of Portland, I think it has Northwest in the name. A kid named Justin, who installed the original theater, did No. 2 and presumably will be back for No. 3. The equipment itself is "pre-owned" and was purchased and/or leased from a couple of sources. The surround speakers -- a brand with a name something like EZ followed by a number -- are identical to the ones Regal put in the Alderwood 7 when it was remodeled four years ago.

Ken Layton

- posted June 23, 2008 09:22 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeh that's got to be Scott Hicks' company. The surrounds are probably ElectroVoice (EV) model TS-8 speakers with Act 3 mounting brackets.

Dave Felthous

- posted June 24, 2008 09:03 AM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
Ken, you're correct.

Mark Campbell

- posted June 24, 2008 10:16 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave I think its great news that a small independent neighborhood theatre can make it work. Especially in the Columbia City neighborhood of Seattle which is really blossoming. I have been wanting to visit the theatre ever since I moved back to Seattle. I wish somebody would do the same thing in the Alaska Junction neighborhood in West Seattle where I live. We have to travel to either downtown (Parking$$) or Tukwila or even the Factoria (if the 90 is clear) to see a 1st run movie. (I recently went to see Iron Man at the Factoria 8 on an SRO nostalgia trip and was surprised how well AMC was maintaining it).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.