CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Flatonia TX, 1st time in more than 40 years

Author Topic: Flatonia TX, 1st time in more than 40 years
James Longmire

- posted June 09, 2008 07:57 PM      Profile for James Longmire   Email James Longmire         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pleased to announce that the Lyric Theater and the Flatonia Chamber of Commerce are proud to present "Movies On Main".

After more than 40 years of darkness and neglect, the Lyric will be showing movies outside in the empty lot next door every Friday night. We will be using an LCD projector to start with, while we are trying to find funding for the restoration of the theater.

So if you're traveling between Houston and San Antonio on a friday evening, feel free to stop by and check out the show, its free after all, and concessions will be sold to offset the cost of the movie rentals. You can also check out the AWESOME marquee which was renovated last year and has been shining brightly since, announcing area activities and now FINALLY its first movie in 40 years!

We've even drug out a few of the original seats for folks to test out while watching the films.

Wish us luck!

James

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.