CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Pacific Theatres Returns To Glendale (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Pacific Theatres Returns To Glendale
Mark Campbell

- posted May 14, 2008 11:22 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
How far apart are the 2 theatres and why didn't Mann put Iron Man at the 4 plex as well as the other films Pacific is playing?

|  IP: Logged

Brad Erickson

- posted May 14, 2008 12:47 PM      Profile for Brad Erickson   Email Brad Erickson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure how far apart they are; I really do not know Glendale very well.

Jeff Arellano

- posted May 14, 2008 04:52 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
It didn't come up too clear, but they are about 1 block away from each other, as American is across the street.

-

Mark Campbell

- posted May 14, 2008 06:33 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this another Ontario situation? (Edward's 22 Screens right next to AMC 30 Screens playing the same films).

Where is it shown that Indiana Jones will also be at the Glendale 18? I tried to look for showtimes opening day and the only thing that came up in Glendale was Mann's Marketplace 4.

Jeff Arellano

- posted May 14, 2008 09:13 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Ontario but with not much screens.

There is the Mann 4 and Mann 10 (which is about a block east of the Mann 4 and on the street behind it), and the Glendale 18. This makes 32 Theatres, just two more than the Burbank 30 (Which is like 5 miles up the freeway)

John J. Fink

- posted May 24, 2008 11:48 AM      Profile for John J. Fink   Author's Homepage   Email John J. Fink         Edit/Delete Post 
Or Toronto, Ontario - with AMC's 24 plex splitting features with Cineplex Scotiabank Theater (13 and an IMAX). Although I noticed that while AMC has Ironman, Scotiabank got both Indiana Jones and Narnia.

Mark Campbell

- posted May 24, 2008 12:42 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Indiana Jones got all 4 screens of the Mann 4. Wonder if they will be able to move it to the 10 if Pacific's 18 still has it. Right now it is the only film that Mann and Pacific both have.

Brad Erickson

- posted May 27, 2008 03:01 PM      Profile for Brad Erickson   Email Brad Erickson         Edit/Delete Post 
Mann was offering free refreshments this past weekend to lure people to the Glendale 4. I wonder how this Summer will play out? The Beverly Center and Beverly Connection did get first run bookings after the Grove opened, but eventually lost all new bookings once the Grove really took off.

Jeff Arellano

- posted May 27, 2008 05:17 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Im sure a safe move would be to keep kid and family friendly movies over at the 4-plex (since it has stadium seating and decent sized auditoriums). Put more higher end movies and the blockbusters over at the Pacific.

I sense the nails are in the coffin for the 10 plex.

Mark Campbell

- posted May 28, 2008 11:52 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
According to IMDB showtimes both Sex and the City will be opening and the Pacific 18 AND both Mann 4 and 10 theatres. The Strangers will open at the Pacific and the Mann 10. Indiana Jones also gains a screen at the Mann 10 this Friday. Look like all theatres will be sharing all films?

Brad Erickson

- posted May 28, 2008 02:13 PM      Profile for Brad Erickson   Email Brad Erickson         Edit/Delete Post 
That is interesting. I've never seen that type of booking for theatres in such a close radius. It is good for Mann, at least they could get continuous bookings of new product; the Glendale 10 had been running that same films for about a month.

Mark Campbell

- posted May 28, 2008 02:40 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know how these booking arrangements are made? Is it the 2 theatre chains that come to terms or is it the distributors or both? Does population count? It seems for opening weekend at the Pacific it got exclusives on Iron Man and Made of Honor, but nothing after that.

The 2 places I know where simultaneous bookings happen to theatres not of the same chain but right near each other are the Edwards and AMC Ontario, CA plexes and Cinemark and AMC plexes in downtown Long Beach.

If they can do it in Glendale, why can't Mann try to book the same films at the Beverly Center that Pacific does at the Grove less than a couple miles away? Or the Chinese and Arclight for that matter?

Brad Erickson

- posted May 28, 2008 03:51 PM      Profile for Brad Erickson   Email Brad Erickson         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you imagine if the Beverly Center got the same bookings as The Grove? If the rumored AMC Plex is built at the Beverly Center the bookings may mirror.

Chris Utley

- posted May 29, 2008 12:12 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Who - in their rightful, sane and rational mind - would want to watch a single frame of "Indy 4" and "Iron Man" at The Beverly Center?!?!

Mark Campbell

- posted May 29, 2008 12:22 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just thinking hypothetically. Still, I am curious how the booking arrangements were agreed on and by whom in Glendale.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.