CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Cinemark (Finally) Takes Ad Space in the LA Times

Author Topic: Cinemark (Finally) Takes Ad Space in the LA Times
Chris Utley

- posted October 19, 2007 09:28 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
In page E28 of today's Calendar section, Cinemark has their first LA times ad including all the former Century theatres as well as their Long Beach location. If I had a scanner, I'd scan it.

|  IP: Logged

Todd Erwin

- posted October 19, 2007 01:54 PM      Profile for Todd Erwin   Email Todd Erwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, if only AMC would go back to running similar ads in the OC Register!! [Confused]

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted October 19, 2007 04:56 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually,Cinemark did run a small "blink and you'll miss it" ad in the Times after they opened thier Long Beach at the Pike location which was,originally,built for Crown Theatres.

Now,if only they would only add the Chino and Victorville Cinemarks in the ad.

I mean,they have Rancho Mirage listed for heavens sake. lol.

Chris Utley

- posted October 19, 2007 11:39 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember that. For about a month or so they had actual listings for "Cinemark At The Pike" in Long Beach.

This is actually their first post-Century takeover ad, though. They've had Century for probably a little more than a year now and all that time (till now) the Century listings had that old Century logo on them with no mention of Cinemark.

Mark Campbell

- posted October 20, 2007 08:52 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I mean,they have Rancho Mirage listed for heavens sake. lol.
If thats the case why not list all of their Lancaster/Palmdale theatres as well. Note that the Century 25 listing in Orange does not really say where it is.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted October 20, 2007 10:01 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
They took control of the Century theatres last October 5, there may have been contracts or a deal with the newspaper that prevented them from changing the logos for a year. Who knows.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.