HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » GCC Rancho 6

Author Topic: GCC Rancho 6
Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted October 08, 2007 07:19 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
The building was demolished a few months ago. The RV dealership behind it has expanded on to the property.

The McDonald's restaurant that was in front of the theatre remains intact.

|  IP: Logged

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted October 12, 2007 07:23 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
There goes my dreams of reopening a GCC. Who built that place anyway? It couldn't have been GCC, it looked too... different.

Mark Campbell

- posted October 13, 2007 07:54 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, are there any empty and abandoned GCC buildings left standing that you could "restore" and reopen? I would be first in line, BUT only if the film I want to see is a scope picture presented in mono in a split auditorium with top down masking and red and white adjustable seats that angle toward the center wall which doesn't match the corrugated wall on the right and the smell is...etc etc

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted October 13, 2007 08:51 AM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
It was,indeed,a GCC house throughout its nearly 15 year existence.

"Rocky Horror" played there,on and off,for several years after GCC became,basically,the only major chain to still show it at midnight after both AMC and UA dropped it then abandoned weekend midnight shows altogether.

AMC Ontario Mills 30 tried to revive "Rocky Horror" in the I.E. a couple of times but failed to generate enough audience interest

It was also one of the first theatres to close(along with the Inland Twin in San Bernardino,now a video store,and the Montclair Plaza 8,almost all of it mall parking now.) when AMC took over GCC.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.