CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » New 16 Screen Cineplex in Manteca, CA.

Author Topic: New 16 Screen Cineplex in Manteca, CA.
Floyd E. Perry, Jr.

- posted September 25, 2007 10:58 PM      Profile for Floyd E. Perry, Jr.   Email Floyd E. Perry, Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
It was reported in today's Stockton Record newspaper, A new state of the art 16 screen cineplex will be opening in neighboring Manteca next year to be operated by KERASOTES SHOWPLACE THEATRES. This is surprising as there is already a state of the art cineplex operating in Manteca : MARKETPLACE STADIUM 10 CINEMAS operated by Santa Rosa based NORTH AMERICAN CINEMAS INC. They are only 10 years old. Manteca has a population of 61.927, yet they will have a total of 26 screens while the much larger Stockton (population:289,789) also has 2 Cineplexes with a total of 24 screens. Yes, smaller town Manteca will have more screens than bigger city Stockton, that is unless MARKETPLACE STADIUM 10 closes its doors.

|  IP: Logged

David Au

- posted September 26, 2007 12:30 AM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
I have read numerous reviews of the current cinema in Manteca and they are mostly negative. Patrons have listed: uncomfortable seats, small screens, dirty theaters, horrible management, needs renovations, etc. Some of the reviews even say many people drive out of town to see movies because the theater is so bad. People are begging for a new theater.

Please read some of the horror stories here:
Cinema Review at Yahoo Local

Kerasotes hasn't ventured out this far west before. Maybe they are trying to expand nationwide. Who knows, maybe Kerasotes will rescue people from their movie going nightmare?

Floyd E. Perry, Jr.

- posted September 26, 2007 10:58 PM      Profile for Floyd E. Perry, Jr.   Email Floyd E. Perry, Jr.         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David. I haven't been there since 2000. They were the area's first All Stadium Seating Cineplex. I never knew they went downhill!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.