CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Academy 6 in Encino?

Author Topic: Academy 6 in Encino?
David Morrison

- posted June 30, 2007 04:38 AM      Profile for David Morrison   Email David Morrison         Edit/Delete Post 
From Mike Rivest's old spreadsheet:

Academy 6 (1989 - 1990) Encino CA

Any clue as to what this big theater was or became or if it was ever in Encino to begin with?

|  IP: Logged

Michael Mohan

- posted July 08, 2007 06:52 PM      Profile for Michael Mohan   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Mohan         Edit/Delete Post 
The closest thing I know of is that there's an Academy 6 over in Pasadena? Could the city be wrong?

Bill Gabel

- posted July 09, 2007 11:42 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
The only theatre running at that time in Encino, Ca. was the Laemmle Town and Country tri-plex, which later became the Laemmle's TownCenter 5. The only six screen in the near-by area was the Movies of Tarzana 6, which became the Mann's Valley West complex. Adam had a Academy, Encino listed here a long time ago. I corrected him as the only Academy 6 theatre was located in Pasadena. There was a single screen Academy Theatre located in Inglewood and the Studio Theatre (aka: Academy/Music Hall Hollywood/Holly) in Hollywood across from the Mann's Fox Theatre @ Wilcox.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.