HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Big Newport "Grand Re-Opening"

Author Topic: Big Newport "Grand Re-Opening"
Todd Erwin

- posted June 22, 2007 01:05 PM      Profile for Todd Erwin   Email Todd Erwin         Edit/Delete Post 
Got an e-mail from Regal today, announcing the "Grand Re-Opening" of the Big Newport with a special screening of "Jurassic Park" on 6/28.

-

They also ran an ad on page 40 of the SHOW section in the Orange County Register.

-

I didn't know the theatre was "closed," as they have been showing "Pirates of the Carribean" and "Evan Almighty" opens today on the BIG screen.

The e-mail boasts a "larger" screen and "better" sound.

Todd

[ June 22, 2007, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Todd Erwin ]

|  IP: Logged

Kyle Muldrow

- posted June 23, 2007 09:46 AM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
Todd, Elvia and I are going to Mexico for 2 weeks on Monday, but I'll be sure and check out the "new" big screen when I get back.

Chris Utley

- posted June 23, 2007 08:38 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Had no idea it was closed...I'm taking a group there on Wednesday to see "Live Free Or Die Hard". I guess we'll be in one of the smaller houses.

Todd Erwin

- posted June 25, 2007 08:56 AM      Profile for Todd Erwin   Email Todd Erwin         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think the theatre is actually "closed," since, as I said in the original post, "Evan Almighty" is currently playing on the BIG screen.

Todd

Chris Utley

- posted June 25, 2007 10:38 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my "Live Free or Die Hard" ticket for Wednesday night. It looks like it'll be in the big auditorium too. So that means, in the span of 7 days, 4 different titles will play in that room: Evan Almighty, LFoDH, Jurassic Park & Transformers. Crazy...

Todd Erwin

- posted June 26, 2007 03:49 PM      Profile for Todd Erwin   Email Todd Erwin         Edit/Delete Post 
You're not going to give the new AMC Tustin a tryout? It opens Wednesday, too.

David Au

- posted June 26, 2007 04:05 PM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
Opening in the middle of the week? I don't think the word has gotten out that it is even opening. It might be a ghost town on opening night.

[ June 27, 2007, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: David Au ]

Chris Utley

- posted June 26, 2007 04:41 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
THAT OPENS THIS WEEK??? I had no idea!

I know where I'm seeing "Ratatoulle"...

Chris Utley

- posted July 03, 2007 10:34 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got home from "Transformers" on the bigger (yawn!) screen. All Regal did was install one of their standard issue large auditorium screens with side masking. That screen looks smaller than the old one, to me. Ain't no bigger than the ones in the 4 premiere auds at Irvine Spectrum.

Sound was nice and (FINALLY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS) equally balanced.

David Au

- posted July 04, 2007 01:46 PM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you get to see the new AMC?

Jeff Arellano

- posted July 04, 2007 09:31 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
All I saw to announce the Tustin 14 in the LA Times was "NOW OPEN" under the theatre ad.

Chris Utley

- posted July 05, 2007 12:17 AM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
I intended to go last Friday but I was busy doing other stuff. I'll get there...one day.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.