CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Bay Theatre, Seal Beach CA (orange county) , final organ concert this weekend

Author Topic: Bay Theatre, Seal Beach CA (orange county) , final organ concert this weekend
Dan Lyons

- posted June 18, 2007 02:17 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons         Edit/Delete Post 
Ron Rhone will be presenting a final concert at the New York Paramount Studio 4/54 Wurlitzer on June 23rd.

The "farewell to the Bay Theatre" concert will be held at 2pm, Saturday June 23 at the Bay Theatre, 340 Main Street. Suggested minimum donation is $10 at the door. All proceeds will go to the new home of the organ, the Beatitudes Campus of Care retirement community in Phoenix Arizona.

www.baytheatre.com for map and directions. Note, the website is terribly out of date, no concert info is present.

|  IP: Logged

Kyle Muldrow

- posted June 18, 2007 07:45 PM      Profile for Kyle Muldrow   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle Muldrow         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean the theatre is closing...or just that the organ is being shipped out?

I checked the website and they're still showing classic movies into next month, so I guess the theater is staying...

That will be sad to lose that old pipe organ though...don't see too many of those anymore

Dan Lyons

- posted June 20, 2007 11:41 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons         Edit/Delete Post 
Unknown... But there will be at least a temporary closure; the screen will have to come down at some point to remove parts of the organ.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.