Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » NEW DRIVE in Tyler TX

Author Topic: NEW DRIVE in Tyler TX
Michael Furlinger

- posted June 04, 2007 08:50 AM      Profile for Michael Furlinger   Email Michael Furlinger         Edit/Delete Post 
A new 180 car drive in is opening mid june in TYLER TEXAS THIS ONE SCREEN THEATER WILL BE CALLED SKY-VUE DRIVE-IN.

|  IP: Logged

John Robert

- posted June 04, 2007 01:58 PM      Profile for John Robert   Email John Robert         Edit/Delete Post 
I hadn't heard this...any specifics? How did you find out?

They haven't had a mainstream drive-in since the Rose Garden DI (not listed here at the site, BTW *hinthint*) closed in the 1980s. It was replaced by a small office park.

Yes, they had the Apache (weird that it's closed) but it was a _specialty_ DI east of town hidden in the trees so passersby couldn't see any free hanky or panky going on... [Wink]

Michael Furlinger

- posted June 04, 2007 02:12 PM      Profile for Michael Furlinger   Email Michael Furlinger         Edit/Delete Post 
THE APACHE IS ALIVE AND WELL AND STILL SHOWING XXX.

The Tyler Moorning Telegraph had a front page story on 5-14-07 on the new drive in . The theater will be located 10713 u.s. highway 69 north...

John Robert

- posted June 05, 2007 12:47 PM      Profile for John Robert   Email John Robert         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...guess the source I read was wrong about the Apache. Don't find myself on 31 much when I'm in the area.

BTW...found the archived article. Will post to the articles section...

Thanx for the heads-up!

Michael Furlinger

- posted June 05, 2007 02:22 PM      Profile for Michael Furlinger   Email Michael Furlinger         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the few towns in the us to still have a xxx drive -in

Adam Martin
Administrator

- posted June 05, 2007 02:49 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin         Edit/Delete Post 
Please continue here.

All times are Central  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.