HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Cascade Drive-In @ West Chicago

Author Topic: Cascade Drive-In @ West Chicago
Ronald Almiron

- posted May 16, 2007 08:08 AM      Profile for Ronald Almiron   Email Ronald Almiron         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife and I and some of our friends are going to what is now considered very rare in the Chicagoland area, or Illinois for that matter: a drive-in. Anyone familiar with the Cascade in West Chicago? I believe the other drive-in, the Hi-Lite 30 in Aurora, has recently closed down, perhaps for good. I haven't been to any drive-in since I was a kid, so I'm very much looking forward to it. Any thoughts, memories, etc. would be appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Ronald Almiron

- posted May 21, 2007 09:32 AM      Profile for Ronald Almiron   Email Ronald Almiron         Edit/Delete Post 
Twas an interesting experience--a real throwback. It seemed to be a good place for families (at least in the back rows 6-11 where SUVs & trucks were required to park), as the lawnchairs came out, and footballs were tossed. I liked seeing the trucker and his honey parked way in the back in his semi! It really is a shame that many drive-ins are being torn down so developers can put up condos or strip malls. I hope the Cascade is still with us in Chicago's western suburbs for a long time to come.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.