CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Regal's Crossroads 8 Now Stadium (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Regal's Crossroads 8 Now Stadium
Dan Roben

- posted June 30, 2008 09:00 PM      Profile for Dan Roben           Edit/Delete Post 
My guess is that the incredible and well deserved success of the Lincoln Square 16 had a lot to do with Regal's decison to do a retrofit (cheaper) instead of a rebuild. I also believe that the market could not support another 14 or 16 screener.

And am I nuts or am I on the money that Regal is planning a new Issaquah build? The current Issaquah 9 (along with the Mountlake 9) has not been stadium-ized. It is generally assumed that when Regal opens their new Northgate complex, the Mountlake will close (thus why spend the retrofit $$), but what are their plans for Issaquah?

If Regal is planning a new 16 plex in Issaquah, then that's even more of a reason why they chose not to do a Crossroads new build.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Campbell

- posted June 30, 2008 11:01 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
The Crossroads main auditorium (pre-stadium retrofit) was one of my favorite places to see a movie of all time. Huge slightly curved screen, giant auditorium, decent seats, great sound. Any new Regal would pale in comparison (IMHO).

Mountlake seems far enough away from Northgate to keep it open. They are not in the same booking zone (Mountlake used to play the same films as the old Northgate Theatre). I think they should keep the Mountlake open for the spillover of those northenders who won't want to deal with the Northgate Mall. Mountlake might also be taking away some business from the AMC Loews Alderwood 16 as it is situated between there and Northgate. Keeping Mountlake open might also keep any other competition out of the general area.

The Mountlake used to be my "go to" theatre when I lived near the U-District in Seattle. Act III built it with all Digital Sound and all THX. My buddies and would usually by-pass 2 booking zones (Landmark's Metro in the U-District and The Oa Tree and Northgate in North Seattle to see a movie there.

Jerry Norwood

- posted July 01, 2008 07:45 AM      Profile for Jerry Norwood   Email Jerry Norwood         Edit/Delete Post 
I never heard any rumblings about a new Issaquah when I was running that theater. There really isn't enough room for an expansion either. Things are really tight in that area. Issaquah does need a stadium-retrofit and they could possibly get another 4 screens if they designed it right.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.