HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » AMC Cupertino Square 16

Author Topic: AMC Cupertino Square 16
David Au

- posted April 27, 2007 03:08 PM      Profile for David Au   Email David Au         Edit/Delete Post 
The new AMC Cupertino Square 16 opens today. It is in the San Jose area of the San Francisco Bay Area. It looks like this will the last new AMC movie theater in Northern California for a while.

I'm amazed that they were able to build an entire third floor onto the top of Vallco Mall just for this theater. I remember a 30 ton crane fell through the roof of the mall during construction leaving a hole in the roof. It destroyed a Bridal shop and sent customers and employees running. Some were dressed in bridal gowns. The mall has since been renamed to Cupertino Square.

I had found a picture of the blueprints for the theater on a website a while ago. The theater is rectangular and has 6 large auditoriums of identical size and 10 slightly smaller theaters.
AMC News Release

AMC Theatres® To Open AMC Cupertino Square 16 On April 27 As Part Of Cupertino Square Transformation

All guests receive one free small popcorn per ticket purchase April 27-29

Cupertino, Calif. (April 27, 2007) – Silicon Valley will have a new way to "Experience the Difference®" this spring when AMC Cupertino Square 16 opens to the public on Friday, April 27. The impressive theatre, which is located on a newly constructed third floor of Cupertino Square, will showcase state-of-the-art amenities, including six screens that measure three stories high and more than 50 feet wide. The theatre will open with films such as "The Invisible," "Next" and "The Condemned," and all guests who visit the theatre, April 27-29, will receive a free small popcorn with each ticket purchased.

Link to Adobe Acrobat PDF File that contains photos

[ April 27, 2007, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: David Au ]

|  IP: Logged

Mike Rivest

- posted April 28, 2007 04:15 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Rivest         Edit/Delete Post 
Grand opening ad is here
 -
picture at
 -

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.