CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » GENERAL CINEMA THEATERS; Any with lobby waterfalls ???

Author Topic: GENERAL CINEMA THEATERS; Any with lobby waterfalls ???
Arch Stanton

- posted January 05, 2007 11:14 AM      Profile for Arch Stanton   Email Arch Stanton         Edit/Delete Post 
Was wondering if any other General Cinema theaters had lobby waterfalls as was the case with my beloved Central Plaza Cinema, Yonkers, NY which had a oval shape pool of water containing a wide-round cascading waterfall and the water flowed into a lower level pool that recirculated back to the top. It was about 10 feet lone by about 5 feet wide and was raised off the lobby floor by about one foot of surrounding rock wall. Patron threw their loose change into it and it made up for concession money shortages. GCC removed this waterfall in the late 1980's when they quaded this wonderful huge theater.

|  IP: Logged

Tom Mundell

- posted January 06, 2007 03:10 PM      Profile for Tom Mundell   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Mundell         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently the Fresh Pond 10 does. Looks like Entertainment Cinemas did a pretty good job making the outside look spiffy; this theatre was really in need of an overhaul. I hope they fixed up the interior just as well; since I moved from the area I haven't been there to check it out myself, but Entertainment talked about restoring the waterfall in some press releases.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.